Tweaking controller parameters for tone morphing

benson

Inspired
I'm using a pedal to morph between a high gain (toe down) and a clean tone (heel down). I've achieved this by assigning a controller to lower the input gain and trim appropriately but because this also drops the volume I'm also increasing the amp block output level for the clean tone only. It works but circa 90% of toe down peaks louder than 100% which makes the transition inconsistent. I guess this is because the amp block output level isn't brought down quick enough when the gain and trim are increased which is spilling into the high gain tone.

What's the best approach to smooth this out? I don't want to use scenes as I prefer to have a gradual sweep between tones so I can stop in between.

I'm using a pedal to morph between a high gain (toe down) and a clean tone (heel down). I've achieved this by assigning a controller to lower the input gain and trim appropriately but because this also drops the volume I'm also increasing the amp block output level for the clean tone only. It works but circa 90% of toe down peaks louder than 100% which makes the transition inconsistent. I guess this is because the amp block output level isn't brought down quick enough when the gain and trim are increased which is spilling into the high gain tone.

What's the best approach to smooth this out? I don't want to use scenes as I prefer to have a gradual sweep between tones so I can stop in between.

You can do it by adjusting the modifier curve (see manual page 66).

Back
Top Bottom