Tweak question. Add, cut,then add,cut,add, cut.....

Billbill

Power User
quick question about tweaking presets w/ an 8 string geetar. Setup is axe>matrix>ppc212x2. My typical preset looks something like this. I had issues keeping the low end tight and have cut low end in amp block only to add it back in a GEQ, then cut again in a chorus block and add back in another block ugh!
I played with the speaker resonance as well. I think I've discovered better results by cutting low end in every single block with leaving just a tad in the cab blocks for good measure, then using a couple PEQs to add it back at a couple different frequency ranges.

Attachments

• IMG_3909.JPG
    IMG_3909.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 28
That seems like a lot of EQ. Why do you need to re-add low end after the chorus block?

quick question about tweaking presets w/ an 8 string geetar. Setup is axe>matrix>ppc212x2. My typical preset looks something like this. I had issues keeping the low end tight and have cut low end in amp block only to add it back in a GEQ, then cut again in a chorus block and add back in another block ugh!
I played with the speaker resonance as well. I think I've discovered better results by cutting low end in every single block with leaving just a tad in the cab blocks for good measure, then using a couple PEQs to add it back at a couple different frequency ranges.
The EQ in the Chorus block affects the effect, not the overall guitar EQ unless you have mix very high?

Have you tried cutting low end on the speaker page of the amp block in lieu of all that EQ?

Edit:
I may be thinking of the cab block. The page where you can adjust the speaker resonance is what I’m thinking about.

That seems like a lot of EQ. Why do you need to re-add low end after the chorus block?
Because I find that with this patch, when adding low end in a chorus or pitch, this much low end at f#, loses some articulation so I cut in there as well. It's actually a Deftones patch and this record the tone is very over produced/EQd but still killer nonetheless. I was just looking for some general pointers here as I rebuild my Deftones catalog!

I went through a phase of creating crazy patches with everything under the sun. It starts out great and I keep thinking I'm making it better as I add stuff like subtle chorus block to fatten it up, compression, subtle delays, PEQ before and after.... and then I go back and compare a plain amp+cab patch and the tone is better!

I've had a long while away from music stuff, and now I'm trying hard to focus on making a patch sound good with a simpler setup, and only adding in extra blocks when I want a specific effect like rotary or a pronounced 80s-style chorus, a tremolo or phaser, etc.

Of course, it all depends on what type of sound you are chasing :)

I went through a phase of creating crazy patches with everything under the sun. It starts out great and I keep thinking I'm making it better as I add stuff like subtle chorus block to fatten it up, compression, subtle delays, PEQ before and after.... and then I go back and compare a plain amp+cab patch and the tone is better!

I've had a long while away from music stuff, and now I'm trying hard to focus on making a patch sound good with a simpler setup, and only adding in extra blocks when I want a specific effect like rotary or a pronounced 80s-style chorus, a tremolo or phaser, etc.

Of course, it all depends on what type of sound you are chasing :)
Agreed sometimes less is more

Back
Top Bottom