Twangin' on the Tele (video)

I had the opportunity to see Gary and his band live a number of weeks back and was absolutely floored! The clips you post Gary, (as friggin' cool as they are) don't do you the justice. It's been quite some time since a player kept me as captivated as you did, since I don't know when.

Also as it turned out... about 7 years ago I bought a vintage 1976 (sm. checkerboard) Marshall 1960a cab from Gary. Had a good chuckle over that one... Small world... again.
Gary, if you ever get the chance to post your cover of, Jimi's "Voodoo Chile"... DO IT !!
As blasphemous as some may take it... super-wicked-funk-a-delic-cool nonetheless.

Lookin' forward to seeing you in the new year, Gary... and to stay for the complete gig this time.;)

Last edited:
I had the opportunity to see Gary and his band live a number of weeks back and was absolutely floored! The clips you post Gary, (as friggin' cool as they are) don't do you the justice. It's been quite some time since a player kept me as captivated as you did, since I don't know when.

Also as it turned out... about 7 years ago I bought a vintage 1976 (sm. checkerboard) Marshall 1960a cab from Gary. Had a good chuckle over that one... Small world... again.
Gary, if you ever get the chance to post your cover of, Jimi's "Voodoo Chile"... DO IT !!
As blasphemous as some may take it... super-wicked-funk-a-delic-cool nonetheless.

Lookin' forward to seeing you in the new year, Gary... and to stay for the complete gig this time.;)

Cheers man, thanks! It was great to connect, and I got a kick out of the Marshall cab-connection too ;)

I think the voodoo-chile-esque track you're thinking of is this one? (we don't actually do the Hendrix one)

Cheers man, thanks! It was great to connect, and I got a kick out of the Marshall cab-connection too ;)

I think the voodoo-chile-esque track you're thinking of is this one? (we don't actually do the Hendrix one)

That's the one ! :) Loved that tune, Gary.
o_O When you played it the night I caught you inserted a Voodoo Chile-esque/lick in there at some point of the song and it screwed me up thinking it was a rendition. Sorry 'bout that. :D

Back
Top Bottom