Twang and Krang

Will Chen

Experienced
Here's a little preset I like for country stuff using the 5F8 Tweed model. Switches 1-4 increase gain addinga boost, the 3 knob screamer, then both. Here's basic clip of it in action, some adjustment to levels, some limiting, and a mild reverb added in post but no EQ. If it's a little too cutting with your axe, shave off the cab sim around 6.5K

Attachments

• Twang and Krang.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 169
Man that was nice!,... and I don't even like country! haha!

So what guitar/pickups was that? - I'm assuming a Tele? .. seems like this is something I need in my arsenal these days.. :(

Man that was nice!,... and I don't even like country! haha!

So what guitar/pickups was that? - I'm assuming a Tele? .. seems like this is something I need in my arsenal these days.. :(

One of the keepers I found during my stint running FrugalGuitarist.com, Luna Athena. I replaced the stock pups with some custom wound mini-buckers which are pretty bright. I've got the bass backed off pretty far in the preset, would likely need to be notched up with single coils.

ATHENA.jpg

One of the keepers I found during my stint running FrugalGuitarist.com, Luna Athena. I replaced the stock pups with some custom wound mini-buckers which are pretty bright. I've got the bass backed off pretty far in the preset, would likely need to be notched up with single coils.

ATHENA.jpg
Oh man,..that's PURDY!! Love the natural flame!

Here's a little preset I like for country stuff using the 5F8 Tweed model. Switches 1-4 increase gain addinga boost, the 3 knob screamer, then both. Here's basic clip of it in action, some adjustment to levels, some limiting, and a mild reverb added in post but no EQ. If it's a little too cutting with your axe, shave off the cab sim around 6.5K

I just loaded this baby up - man I LOVE it! Sounds great and definitely has the feel I was looking for - thanks a ton for sharing the preset. She's a keeper! :)

What a gem...I'm on day 3 of AX8 ownership! Sounds great and your playing is even better! I will be all over this preset next week. Thanks for sharing.

Lovely! Twang and body at the same time.

ATHENA.jpg
Cool! Another frugalista. I thought I recognized the name. Higher ranking at that. :)

Back
Top Bottom