tutorials on using buttons

stanton_g

I am brand new to Fractal - I need to get up to speed with FM3 quickly for live performances. Any tutorials out there for setting up/using foot switches? I have found a few on youtube but not that helpful. Also - how do you delete a scene in a preset? I just want to pare one of the factory defaults down to 3 - I have already copied it up to an empty slot. Thanks in advance

- how do you delete a scene in a preset? I just want to pare one of the factory defaults down to 3 - I have already copied it up to an empty slot.
You really don't "delete" a scene per say. You can just create a scene with all effects bypassed then copy that scene to al the ones you want to "delete"

And why do you feel the need to wipe out scenes in factory presets? Just trying to understand your motivation.

All presets have 8 scenes. It is not possible to delete them. You can choose to not use those you don't want to use.

Maybe I should have been more specific - I copied the plexi 50 preset to #500. I want to delete the pre-existing scene four as I only would use the 3. I cleared all the blocks but it stays in list. In addition to eliminating Scene 4, how do I do the following seemingly very basic operations:
1) copy a scene: for example copy scene 2 to scene 5 in the same pre-set so I could modify or add an effect to the new scene.
2) edit the name of a scene
3) edit the name of a pre-set

Maybe I should have been more specific - I copied the plexi 50 preset to #500. I want to delete the pre-existing scene four as I only would use the 3. I cleared all the blocks but it stays in list. In addition to eliminating Scene 4, how do I do the following seemingly very basic operations:
1) copy a scene: for example copy scene 2 to scene 5 in the same pre-set so I could modify or add an effect to the new scene.
You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of scenes.

Scenes control the on/off and channel selection of blocks only.

Any block in a preset is in all scenes. I'm not sure what you mean by "cleared all the blocks"... Bypassed them?

If you don't want the scene name to appear you can delete the name but the scene is still there.

Are you using FM3-EDIT? There are options for managing scenes, including copying and also editing the name.

...how do I do the following seemingly very basic operations:

The manual is your friend:

1610766436754.png

1610766484341.png

Back
Top Bottom