TUTORIAL: Using Scenes on the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101

Oh sorry about that the presets over the scenes might be cool . Theres just so much to the axe fx, i just want to spend more time playing Than programming . I just can't sit for very long and turn knobs getting to old for that and the fact that I'm going blind can't see the screen To good. Thanks for the info gary

Oh, you are saying Reveal.... Didn't know what "revel" meant. Yes, Reveal mode will replace any Preset switches with IA switches you may have set to select scenes.

To change presets, you need to get out of Reveal mode on the MFC to show the Preset switches again.

Why don't you just make your Scene IA switches on the row above, then you'll have both Scene and Preset switches available.

Many ways to do this. You just have to choose.

In reveal, you can still hit up or down and change presets that way.

Is there anyway to be in scenes and switch to your next patch and choose your scene?
Say you were in patch #1 and you want to go to patch #2 scene 3 ? Instead of going to scene #1

Boardwlk,

It depends on your controller, but I know a FCB1010 with UnO can do it by sending a CC #34 when you do the program select. With that said, it would go to that scene every time you switched into that patch. It is done on a patch by patch basis, so, for example, if you wanted patch 1 to start with scene 1, patch 2 with scene 2, patch 3 with scene 1, patch 4 with scene 5, it can be done. If you happen to be using a FCB1010 I can walk you through it, but my guess is that you probably are using a MFC, and I don't know if/how you would set that up. If I had one, I'd try setting it up, but that's a way out for me.

Boardwlk,

It depends on your controller, but I know a FCB1010 with UnO can do it by sending a CC #34 when you do the program select. With that said, it would go to that scene every time you switched into that patch. It is done on a patch by patch basis, so, for example, if you wanted patch 1 to start with scene 1, patch 2 with scene 2, patch 3 with scene 1, patch 4 with scene 5, it can be done. If you happen to be using a FCB1010 I can walk you through it, but my guess is that you probably are using a MFC, and I don't know if/how you would set that up. If I had one, I'd try setting it up, but that's a way out for me.

I took a look at the MFC manual, and it may be possible to get what you want out of the MFC by using Internal CCs - check out chapter 6 in the manual if you are using a MFC.

Hey Cooper, thanks so much for the patch, but scene 2 and scene 4 doesn't have any sound. Did I something wrong? I use Ax Fx II with MFC with Eexpression pedal controlling EXP1 (not Volume)

I have a problem with scenes...regarding output...for example: i have scene 1 output level=12db and i want for solo scene 2= 0db...and it saves it in both scenes...the same with amp level...instead when i fx bypassed something its ok...some solutions? thank you

i have scene 1 output level=12db

what exact parameter are you setting here at 12db?

scenes do not save different amp or any other block's settings.

scenes only change the engage/bypass and x/y state of blocks, along with the Main Output parameter (last page in the Layout menu) and a few parameters in the FX Loop Block.

you cannot save the Amp Drive at 2.00 in one scene, then try to change it to 8.00 in another - different block settings aren't saved in different scenes. that's what presets are for.

Hey all - i have a quick question.

Firstly - LOVE scenes. Pretty much my only gripe with the axe previously was the slight delay in transistion and frustration trying to get the correct delay spills happening etc.

Anyway - i have set up scenes for the first time a couple of days ago and had a bit of a chance to play through on the MFC.

One thing i noticed in rehearsal was that if i changed a stomp in a scene, flicked to another scene and then back - that stomp was still active.

Let me explain:

Scene one doesn't have reverb on. I activate this via stomp, then change to scene 2. When i change back to scene 1, reverb is still active.

Is there an easy way around this - making scenes static, or are they a constantly changing entity without saving?

Thanks legends :)

Hey all - i have a quick question.

Firstly - LOVE scenes. Pretty much my only gripe with the axe previously was the slight delay in transistion and frustration trying to get the correct delay spills happening etc.

Anyway - i have set up scenes for the first time a couple of days ago and had a bit of a chance to play through on the MFC.

One thing i noticed in rehearsal was that if i changed a stomp in a scene, flicked to another scene and then back - that stomp was still active.

Let me explain:

Scene one doesn't have reverb on. I activate this via stomp, then change to scene 2. When i change back to scene 1, reverb is still active.

Is there an easy way around this - making scenes static, or are they a constantly changing entity without saving?

Thanks legends :)

Turn Scene Revert to ON in the I/O Midi menu. it's like the #1 question :)

Thanks mate, I was sure it was an easy fix. Thanks for saving me the time researching, its been a busy month and not enough time with the Axe!

When using scenes, do I have to base my setup on two amps only, that I switch between using X/Y?
Or is it possible to have, e.g. 3 amps subsequently, and to bypass/un-bypass for the various scenes?

When using scenes, do I have to base my setup on two amps only, that I switch between using X/Y?
Or is it possible to have, e.g. 3 amps subsequently, and to bypass/un-bypass for the various scenes?

You can only use two amp blocks in a preset anyway. Using XY, you get four types.

Two blocks, four types.

You can only use two amp blocks in a preset anyway. Using XY, you get four types.

Two blocks, four types.

Ok. But I run dual chains, one for FX loop (with SAG=0) and one for OUT1. So I guess, I will only have 2 amps to build all my presets for right? Currently I am using more than 2 amps in my preset arsenal, so I guess scenes is not for me?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom