Tutorial: Dialing Up My Reverb with the Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Thank you so much Scott! This is a very basic question, but how are you approaching global blocks in Axe Edit? Anytime I try to do anything in AE regarding globals, it just tells me that further versions of AE will have it, but not the one I've got. I downloaded the most recent Axe Edit. Looking forward to more of your videos!

Thank you so much Scott! This is a very basic question, but how are you approaching global blocks in Axe Edit? Anytime I try to do anything in AE regarding globals, it just tells me that further versions of AE will have it, but not the one I've got. I downloaded the most recent Axe Edit. Looking forward to more of your videos!

You cannot do global blocks in the current release of AxeEdit. ;)

AxeEdit is under vigorous development. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I love it, Scott. It's always helpful to see how some of the top Axe-FX users approach setting things up. To be honest, I'm also interested in your approach to routing, particularly with your parallel routing of wah, flanger, and phaser. I tend to think of those as more serial effects, whereas I usually use things like reverb and delay in a parallel setup.

A bit OT, but I'm curious how you combined the OH IRs into a single IR. Axe-O-Matic doesn't work with firmware 10 or 11 - just wondering what you're using. Thanks!

Thank you Scott! This was a very helpful and informative video. Always great to see how others (especially someone who knows what they are doing) approach things. I definitely learned some new tricks!

Thanks for taking your time doing this.
I find reverb one of the most difficult effects to get properly right in a tone. would you mind sharing the preset in order to look into your approach abit more?

thanks again

Great video Scott! Totally enjoyed it! Only suggestion would be to throw some compression on your voice over to even out the levels. You disappeared on me a few times :)

If you have any questions, comments or want to talk about it... please let me know what you think!

Two things:
1. (nothing to do with reverb) but you note that you set the proximity frequency to a certain setting however in the preset shown, Mic=None so the proximity has no effect.
2. Just a note about mono vs. stereo: The youtube video sounds like mono but the preset is actually in stereo so you might want to talk a bit about your approach to mono/stereo effects when preparing presets for live use - and maybe your output strategy to a single monitor vs. PA which may be in stereo. Newbie's tend to get screwed up with the stereo effects since it's not obvious from the editor what's going on.

Anyway, this was a nice basic intro to reverb. Lots of users need this type of info. It would be nice to see Fractal organize a page on their site for tutorials such as these.

Nice stuff, Scott. You've got the tail so well tamed that I'd never guess there's a two-and-a-half-second 'verb time. Nice and simply presented, too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom