Turning off the PRE Global Noise Gate??

<Paul

I am trying to follow the instructions to turn this N gate off and save CPU usage but not finding any sort of "off" Threshold is zero, is that off or is this in some other part of the realm. I am using the unit front panel right now as my PC is on another floor at the moment.

Other than a noisy guitar why would you want a N Gate at the front?? I have always used one after the source of the noise, like high gain pedals, or amp loops. Anyway want to just turn this off and not sure how to find how to do that?

Forgive all my questions, but I am on-fire trying to learn this thing.

Threshold is zero, is that off or is this in some other part of the realm.
No. That's not off.

Select in the IN block you want to turn the gate off for (usually IN1), edit that block. For Threshold roll the value all the way counterclockwise until it says "OFF" for the value.

I am trying to follow the instructions to turn this N gate off and save CPU usage but not finding any sort of "off" Threshold is zero, is that off or is this in some other part of the realm. I am using the unit front panel right now as my PC is on another floor at the moment.

Other than a noisy guitar why would you want a N Gate at the front?? I have always used one after the source of the noise, like high gain pedals, or amp loops. Anyway want to just turn this off and not sure how to find how to do that?

Forgive all my questions, but I am on-fire trying to learn this thing.
0 is when you turn it all the way up. that's the Threshold for triggering the gate. you've made it say "always trigger the gate" with a setting of 0.

you want it the other way around, fully counter-clockwise as iaresee mentioned. this sets it Off.

The Threshold setting is the required signal level to trigger the gate to be open.

So the lower the value, the more the gate will stay open.

Back
Top Bottom