Turning off power with conditioner

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
It probably doesn't matter, but I had a discussion today about turning off the power of the Axe using the switch or simply just turning off the power conditioner it's plugged into. I can't imagine it would hurt anything either way, but what do you guys think?

I'm sure I remember Cliff saying that either way was fine due to the high quality of the AxeFx PSU....

spence

I hope that any "external" switching is fine, because my Axe-Fx does a very unhealthy sounding knnnnkkkkzzzzzk if I do not switch it off fast enough.

Although I am quite wary of the "knnnnkkkkzzzzzk", I still prefer to power up / down all my rack stuff in sequence, beginning & ending with the power conditioner. I'm sure it makes no difference, just that I must have OCD or something :lol:

xpenno said:
I'm sure I remember Cliff saying that either way was fine due to the high quality of the AxeFx PSU....

spence
It's ok because the switch is a normal contact switch...

The usual way of turning off a chain of device is from last (power) to first (preamp) because if the poweramp is on, any transient noise will be passed and amplify to the speaker.

Or you can simply set master to zero and shut down all your devices.

I power up/down my rig in sequence as well.. Habits from sound systems I guess but its what I do. No crazy (or any for that matter) noises and I never adjust my output/input levels.

craiguitar said:
Although I am quite wary of the "knnnnkkkkzzzzzk", I still prefer to power up / down all my rack stuff in sequence, beginning & ending with the power conditioner. I'm sure it makes no difference, just that I must have OCD or something :lol:

I got one of the power conditioners with a built in sequencer...works great, and I still only have to flip one button!

Back
Top Bottom