Turning an IA switch into a preset switch

m lebofsky

Experienced
Using Axe II mode. Bank size of 0

Edit>Midi set IA17 to NONE (ie no effects assigned to the IA).
Edit>Midi >pc page set it to 1 (so I can go back to oreset 1 no matter what preset I'm on. I need this because I use back size of zero and use the up/down to get to my presets).

The above works (gives me an IA that is a quick goto patch 1, from what preset I may on).
HOWEVER - The axe goes to patch 1 (great). The MFC still displays the patch the axe was on previous to going back to preset 1.
The 2 units are now out of sync.

Any way to get around this ?

I had asked for the Reveal button to be used as a "goto a favorite preset button" when bank size is zero (since reveal does nothing when back size is 0). If this feature was implementd, I wouldn't need a fix to the above problem ..... :p

It might not be exactly what you're looking for but it's possible to use alternate presets as described in section 4.5 of the MFC manual.

Using Axe II mode. Bank size of 0

Edit>Midi set IA17 to NONE (ie no effects assigned to the IA).
Edit>Midi >pc page set it to 1 (so I can go back to oreset 1 no matter what preset I'm on. I need this because I use back size of zero and use the up/down to get to my presets).

The above works (gives me an IA that is a quick goto patch 1, from what preset I may on).
HOWEVER - The axe goes to patch 1 (great). The MFC still displays the patch the axe was on previous to going back to preset 1.
The 2 units are now out of sync.

Any way to get around this ?

I had asked for the Reveal button to be used as a "goto a favorite preset button" when bank size is zero (since reveal does nothing when back size is 0). If this feature was implementd, I wouldn't need a fix to the above problem ..... :p

Seems like a bug to me.

It takes more than a preset change message to sync the two units. It's actually a burst and response of SysEx.

This wouldn't be possible, as the MFC is not "listening" after an IA switch.

I think the standing feature request that would address this is "Arbitrary Bank Layouts" where each switch can be either a preset or an IA, rather than having two groups. That has not been put to a poll yet though.

-m@

If you're using a CAT5 cable for 2-way communication, what if you did this:

Set MFC receive channel to a different channel from the Axe-FX. (See MFC manual section 12.4.3) Now set the IA switch to momentary, no command for "off" state, program change of desired MFC preset on MFC receive channel for "on" state. Connect a MIDI cable from MFC MIDI out to MFC MIDI in. Pressing the IA should send the PC out and directly back to the MFC, making it recall that actual preset on itself/Axe-FX and sync.

I'm hoping that the Reveal button (in the near future) can be used as a "goto a favorite preset button" when bank size is zero (since reveal currently does nothing when back size is 0). :razz
M@ thought it sounded like a good idea and would bring it up at the next meeting of the minds .....

Back
Top Bottom