Turning a mid level guitar into a player

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
Few years ago I bought this Epi Les Paul Custom Pro on a private sale. It was a good deal and i wanted a guitar to practice mods on. All stock. One of the first things I did was change the pickups to Dimarzio Transitions. Then about a 5 months ago I bought a handbuilt LP Pro wiring harness and new switchcraft toggle switch/output jack (jonesy blues - highly recommend) along with an aluminum stop tail piece and Graphtec TUSQ nut. Amazing upgrades. The Tone and Volume Knobs became quite useful but I wasn't diggin the Dimarzios in this guitar. Last night I installed Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combo and man this guitar is rockin. I was looking into Bare knuckle pickups but didnt' want to break the bank on pickups. Very happy with the JB/jazz. I can see why they have been such a classic combo for so many players.

I just swapped out Super Distortion for a JB. I'm loving it. I like both tones but the JB is just fun to play. The mids 'sing'.

Always wanted an EB axis but I got the chance at an OLP mm1 which was in a really bad way( so cheap though). Heard good things so gave it a go.
Full strip.clean,neck straightened,frets dress and polish,body polish,fitted the jazz/JB combo (stock were not bad though!) and rewired with coil split.

Guitar sounds and plays so good. The coil split on the jazz is the game changer. The JB doesn't like it :)
You can see the neck needed the razor blade treatment....
IMG_0325.jpgIMG_0331.jpgWP_001085.jpgWP_001092.jpgWP_001096.jpgWP_001105.jpgEddie with Axis.png

Back
Top Bottom