Turned up my Axe FX for the first time

Hey everybody,

This post is not meant to be helpful in any way. It's just another post saying how awesome the Axe FX is. I've had mine for about 7 months now and it's only been in my apartment. I got the Axe so I could rejuvenate my passion to play and it has. I've finally started looking for people to play with and started with a drummer. I jammed with him yesterday and got to turn my axe up loud. I was blown away.

Even at apartment volume it sounds good of course, but man, when you get the volume up all of a sudden a ton of frequencies come out I haven't experienced with this unit before. I did have to tweak some of my presets to accommodate that volume, but it didn't take long. The drummer was blown away by the unit and we spent half an hour or so just going through the amps at that volume. The mesa's had that chest hitting thump like the real thing, the Rockerverb 50 has that loose feeling heaviness to it like my real head does, the Engl amps... wow. That is some serious balls. The Diesels etc.

I posted a while back about trying to get Adam Jones from Tool's tone. I showed him how I did it and created one from scratch. Deisel blue face channel 3 blended with "Big Hair". BAM! Sounded just like his tone at that volume and we then played a couple of tool songs.

Thanks to Axe FX, I can literally create anything I want. Turning this thing up has kicked my drive to play into overdrive. For some reason I honestly didn't expect the Axe to be as good as real amps when cranked, I was DEAD wrong.

I think Quantum has helped lots with the live sound... this was through your Matrix and 4x12 I'm guessing?

I think Quantum has helped lots with the live sound... this was through your Matrix and 4x12 I'm guessing?

Yes it was. You now what is great about the axe as well that I didn't know of? When I had my rig set up with my computer one top of it I opened my DAW and I could press play on a recording and it would come out my speaker cab. How incredibly handy for showing people what you've worked on and be able to go to something right away without having a PA system? During a break I was able to put on some tunes and it comes out my cab. PERFECT!

Yes it was. You now what is great about the axe as well that I didn't know of? When I had my rig set up with my computer one top of it I opened my DAW and I could press play on a recording and it would come out my speaker cab. How incredibly handy for showing people what you've worked on and be able to go to something right away without having a PA system? During a break I was able to put on some tunes and it comes out my cab. PERFECT!

Man, the day I lined out my Axe to a SS 2x12 combo and hit play in Reaper and the drums came out was a damn great day. I sat and jammed for literally hours over the same 4 minute drum track. Still do it on a regular basis. Glad you're so happy with the Axe man....really an amazing piece of gear.

Back
Top Bottom