Turned on the Axe-Fx ... All but the first two presets gone

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
I have absolutely no idea what went wrong.
Yesterday all was fine.
Today, I turn it on and all but the two first presets are gone :(:(:(

No because the unit boots just fine and I don't think this will allow me to recover the lost presets.

Yes, I always backup after every change. I keep the last 2 mods I made in case this happens. Basically it's a computer and we all know what can happen with those. I loved the II XL where it allowed for a backup and recovery right on the unit. I was hoping that feature was there or could be added, because I backed up the II all the time.

What does it look like in Axe Edit? Which version of the firmware are you using and what was different before you lost the patches?

Did it also lose other user defined settings?, global etc etc

Nope those were OK.
The weird thing is, just the two first presets were saved, all the rest was gone.
This is the second time this has happened.

Yes, I always backup after every change.
So do I.
But Cliffs updates were coming so fast I couldn't keep up :)
I had a backup from two weeks ago.
I lost just one preset and a couple of minor tweaks.

It can happen accidentally. I've done it; especially if you don't delete the old firmwares you download.

Yes, or when there's more than one beta version, without a change to the version number. Like now: 5.00 Beta 1 and 5.00 Beta 2.

I'll look out for that.
Normally I always make a backup before updating but not so with the betas with the same major number.
I thought it could have something to do with midi devices sending some signal to erase presets.
I'm not sure what I was doing at the time but the strange thing is this never happened with any of the Fractal units I owned before (Ultra, II, II XL, Ax8)

Back
Top Bottom