Turn Volume off when engaging Wah

josephyballew

Inspired
I am using FC12, expression pedal 1 for volume and wah. I would like for the volume to be bypassed when I engage the wah. At first I was not using a volume pedal but my levels are never perfect on stage and need a volume also. I know I could get another expression pedal. Before also I set the wah to auto engage when moving the controller forward. I disabled that and made an effect switch dedicated to wah. Is there any way that when the wah is engaged the volume is bypassed. I search the forum and only found answers for the Axe 2.

My FC12 is set up great on the Scenes page with the first four buttons toggle to be able to get all 8 scenes. Then the rest is all effects, one switch for tempo and Tune, and one to get to full blown effects page, and when you hold that button it takes you back to Presets. I have a Boss FS6 dual for more effects. I can see getting one more Boss Switch but I don't want but 2 expression pedals. Some places are small footprint and other members want their space too.

You can change the 'Effect' switch for the wah to a 'Control' switch that will engage the wah and bypass the volume by attaching the switch to the Bypass modifier of both blocks. Set the Volume block's modifier to Min- Engaged, Max- Bypassed and the Wah to Min- Bypassed, Max- Engaged. This will ensure that the volume block is on when loading the preset.

I've been thinking about how to use 1 expression pedal for volume and wah (or a.n.other function). I usually have my volume pedal backed down a bit so I can use it for 'more' if required. If I then bypass it to use the expression for say wah, then does the patch volume just jump up to full volume. i.e. is the dual use of an expression pedal only useful if the volume pedal is usually full up so the volume doesn't jump when you bypass it, or is there some way of doing this so the volume stays as set? Hope that makes sense and is not too much of a stupid question.

You can change the 'Effect' switch for the wah to a 'Control' switch that will engage the wah and bypass the volume by attaching the switch to the Bypass modifier of both blocks. Set the Volume block's modifier to Min- Engaged, Max- Bypassed and the Wah to Min- Bypassed, Max- Engaged. This will ensure that the volume block is on when loading the preset.
I am not fond of pedal position and with me having 20 percent headroom having wah to have to take my volume wide open to get there does not work. I can use one scene to turn on wah and volume off volume, or use a dedicated expression pedal. Thanks for everyone's input.

I have my EV2 set up as FC1 PEDAL1 on the input1 volume of MIDI/Remote setup page. I also have this footswitch set up as a controller for the wah for a particular scene. But it controls the wah and volume simultaneously. I use the pedal 90% as a volume pedal but would also like to use it occasionally for the wah. Is there anyway to disable the volume functionality for just one scene? Or do I need to add a volume block and switch the pedal to that?

I have my EV2 set up as FC1 PEDAL1 on the input1 volume of MIDI/Remote setup page. I also have this footswitch set up as a controller for the wah for a particular scene. But it controls the wah and volume simultaneously. I use the pedal 90% as a volume pedal but would also like to use it occasionally for the wah. Is there anyway to disable the volume functionality for just one scene? Or do I need to add a volume block and switch the pedal to that?
You can just make a wah scene and have the wah to turn on and the volume to turn off. If your volume is low when you change scenes may be a problem. Set one pedal up to do wah and expression pedal will only work on the one engaged. I did not like wasting a scene and just added another expression pedal and use it for wah , whammy, and leslie. You just can't use any of the three together. That is what worked for me, So I have Volume, (Wah, whammy, phase leslie), and the last expression for delay amount. One expression can control a lot, but it just does not work on the volume with me.

You can just make a wah scene and have the wah to turn on and the volume to turn off. If your volume is low when you change scenes may be a problem. Set one pedal up to do wah and expression pedal will only work on the one engaged. I did not like wasting a scene and just added another expression pedal and use it for wah , whammy, and leslie. You just can't use any of the three together. That is what worked for me, So I have Volume, (Wah, whammy, phase leslie), and the last expression for delay amount. One expression can control a lot, but it just does not work on the volume with me.
How do I disable the volume though? That is what I cant figure out.

You'd have to use a volume/similar block and get rid of the global volume assignment.
Will using a volume block right after the input sound the same as using the global volume? i.e. like using the volume control on the guitar.

How do I disable the volume though? That is what I cant figure out.

If you are changing scenes, set the scene to change channels on the vol and wha blocks. Each channel has its own controller assignments so you can set one or the other to respond to you expression pedal depending on the scene. Hope that makes sense.

I don’t like the global volume setting. On input it alters the amp gain. On output it kills the delay tails. I put the volume block after the amp and before the time based FX. That way it does not affect the amp gain and I can do volume swells without killing the delay tails.

If you are changing scenes, set the scene to change channels on the vol and wha blocks. Each channel has its own controller assignments so you can set one or the other to respond to you expression pedal depending on the scene. Hope that makes sense.

I don’t like the global volume setting. On input it alters the amp gain. On output it kills the delay tails. I put the volume block after the amp and before the time based FX. That way it does not affect the amp gain and I can do volume swells without killing the delay tails.
I know how to accomplish it using blocks. I was just hoping I could do what I wanted without using a volume block.

Back
Top Bottom