Turn up the volume for happiness!!!

Johan Allard

Power User
Hi guys,

Haven't posted anything in a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy playing guitar, or loving the Ax8 (and waiting for the FM3). With Fenders recent release of the Tone Master series I watched some reviews and thought it sounded great. I've never owned a Fender amp, or really used one for more than a few minutes at a time but at a recent band rehearsal decided to give it a go. Using the settings from the Fender Tone Master video, I did a clean and slightly driven version on X/Y with a FET and FAS boost on a drive X/Y. It sounded really great and I used this preset for a lot of the rehearsal and was really happy how it sounded, much to the surprise to myself always leaning towards Marshall style amps.

Got back home to practice and the same preset just sounded dull and uninspiring. For a while I couldn't figure it out until I just turned up the volume - and there it was. I think especially for me with cleaner amps, playing at a decent volume just makes things come alive. I know in the past I've been uninspired by a preset I've previously created, only to turn up the volume and being happy with it again. So again a reminder for myself to tweak at gig volume and then don't second guess at home playing at a lower volume.

Enjoy and turn up the volume for happiness :)

Back
Top Bottom