Turn one effect block off when another one turns on

AlexMania

Inspired
Newbie here. Sorry if this is covered ground. I looked...

I have an FM3 with a trem and a rotary, but they are never used at the same time. Is there a way where if the trem is on and I step on the rotary switch, the trem bypasses? The other way as well. I don't want to have to turn off an effect I never use when I use another. Doable?

Thanks!

Newbie here. Sorry if this is covered ground. I looked...

I have an FM3 with a trem and a rotary, but they are never used at the same time. Is there a way where if the trem is on and I step on the rotary switch, the trem bypasses? The other way as well. I don't want to have to turn off an effect I never use when I use another. Doable?

Thanks!
You could use a Control Switch attached to the bypass switches of both and set to opposite Min and Max settings. Step on the switch and switch effects....

I'm guessing you'd sometimes want tremolo and rotary both bypassed. In that case you can assign a different Control Switch to each block's bypass, and put those two CS in an exclusive group. (See Control Switch section of FAS footswitch functions guide for details.)

In addition to the input you've already gotten:

You can also use scenes...

Or if both effects are essentially in the same location in the signal chain, you can explore the Multiplexer and a switch set to change channels on that so that either of them (or none) is in the signal path.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I come from the RFM Mastermind world back in the day, so exclusive groups is super familiar to me. I managed to find the place in FC Config where I set switches 1,4,5 as exclusive. I suspect I have to now turn something else one elsewhere so that it works as expected. Does anyone know what else needs to be set up? Thanks again, you guys rock!

Last edited:
Keyboard shortcut ran amok on me. My wife asks me to type that a gazillion times and I throughly I turned it off. Ahh good times.

Thanks to all. The solution is to assign the bypass for any effect you wish to a control switch, then in FC Config, change those control switches to exclusive, then only one can be on at a time. Yes!!!

Back
Top Bottom