Wish Turn metronome on/off with footswitch and Axe-Edit

EricBic

I use the metronome quite a lot both when practicing technique as well as when using the looper. Would love to be able to:

1) Use one of the Function footswitches to turn the metronome on/off.
2) Substitute one of the looper switches, fex Reverse (which i never ever use), to be a metronome on off switch.
3) Use Axe-Edit to turn metronome on/off and change the metronome level
4) would also like the metronome volume to persist between sessions.

I'm guessing i could use an external midi pedal for this but would really like to keep my setup as compact as possible.

Thanks for a really amazing product

/Eric

Last edited:
I second that…It'd also be nice to be able to route to output 2…..This is such an amazing portable rig..really loving it..thanks

I use the metronome quite a lot both when practicing technique as well as when using the looper. Would love to be able to:

2) Substitute one of the looper switches, fex Reverse (which i never ever use), to be a metronome on off switch.

I'm guessing i could use an external midi pedal for this but would really like to keep my setup as compact as possible.

/Eric
+1

3) Use Axe-Edit to turn metronome on/off and change the metronome level

/Eric
+1
would love to see this implemented

Great idea. I would love to see this implemented.

And while we're at it, how about the ability to set the tempo for each scene?

If a foot switch would be able to send a CC, Metronome control would be possible.
Its CC is 122.

Reactions: Rex
If a foot switch would be able to send a CC, Metronome control would be possible.
Its CC is 122.
Or just a dumb outboard switch.

Though it would be nice to have it assignable to a built-in switch.

Its CC is 122.

That would work, and would be a great supplemental request. I'm sure someone has requested it before (?), but the ability to assign a CC# to a footswitch would be a very useful enhancement.

@Rex that would work too, but I'm not looking to add a footswitch to my setup. I have the AX8 and EV1 on a Pedaltrain. No room for anything else, and I'm not looking to carry arround an extra switch that I have to plug in each time.

@joe rogers has this been requested? Is it feasible for a future update?

That would work, and would be a great supplemental request. I'm sure someone has requested it before (?), but the ability to assign a CC# to a footswitch would be a very useful enhancement.

@Rex that would work too, but I'm not looking to add a footswitch to my setup. I have the AX8 and EV1 on a Pedaltrain. No room for anything else, and I'm not looking to carry arround an extra switch that I have to plug in each time.

@joe rogers has this been requested? Is it feasible for a future update?
We review all of these requests, evaluate them, and implement the ones we think will benefit our customers best. However, in general, we do not comment on future development.

We review all of these requests, evaluate them, and implement the ones we think will benefit our customers best. However, in general, we do not comment on future development.

Joe, I fully understand why FAS doesn't want to talk about future development but would it be possible to at least sort out the ones that FAS decided not to do and have them listed somewhere so newbies like me don't put in the same old requests again and again ?

Back
Top Bottom