Turbo vs reg mkII and full res IR

I understand the power difference but i keep hearing people say if you’re going to use full Res IR’s you need to get the turbo. The regular mkII can run full res Ir’s? Im usually use one amp delay, reverb, compression per patch so will i still be able to use full Res IR’s??? Thanks

I run stereo full res on my mkII and have never hit the CPU limit.

The axe 3 was announced in January 2018. 3 years so. Don’t know if we will have an axe 4 announce next year or if we can be calm another year with the 3 . Question of the day

You referenced video games, but it's not necessarily true for major revisions of the Playstation or Xbox consoles, for example.
The delay between the Xbox one X and the serie X was pretty short (considering the big step it is compared to the original fat version technically) it seems now that you see a upgrade every 2/3 years . Not the number changed yes but technically that’s not just a “twice the preset space” like the mark 2 for the axe 3 . I won’t bet that the 3 will stay 4 more years

Last edited:
Already 2 revisions after the 3, did you think they will release another 3 or 4 versions of the 3 to be in the same “7 years cycle” ? If they don’t want to make the Mk1 completely out … I don’t know why but I am pretty sure that they will annonce a new product max in the end of 2022. But maybe I am wrong hm . Only fractal knows what they are cooking secretly

The delay between the Xbox one X and the serie X was pretty short (considering the big step it is compared to the original fat version technically) it seems now that you see a upgrade every 2/3 years . Not the number changed yes but technically that’s not just a “twice the preset space” like the mark 2 for the axe 3 . I won’t bet that the 3 will stay 4 more years
I'm talking about major (eg. PS2 vs. PS3) not minor (eg. PS2 vs. PS2 Slim) hardware revisions. The Axe-Fx II vs. III was a major revision, as would be the Axe-Fx III vs. IV. Given the recent release of the FM9, I have little reason to believe an Axe-Fx IV is right around the corner. I'd wager it'll be at least 2 (or more) years before we hear anything about a major revision to the Axe-Fx III.

Last edited:
Are the Full res IR's able to be saved on the mki now? mines seems to work/save perfectly fine unless im missing something.

Back
Top Bottom