Tuning a true temperament guitar

Uelef

I bought a new guitar, and it's a true temperament instrument. Tuning the strings works different - you have to use offsets … The usual settings are:
  • High E string: E4 -1 cent
  • B String: B3 -1 cent
  • G String: G3 +4 cents
  • D String: D3 +2 cents
  • A String: A2 0 cent (same as a normal guitar)
  • Low E String: E2 -2 cents
I know that you can adjust the offset for different strings in the tuner settings - but my problem is, that I am also using normal guitars. Is there a way to have something like tuning presets for the Axe FX III? The alternative would be that the display of the Axe FX III (or of my FC-12) shows the offset in cents while tuning. Is there a way to do this? Reading the manuals I did not find anything about that …

the tuner has a switch called "use offsets". it will remember the offsets you program into it when the switch is off, so you can simply turn the switch on when you use this guitar

the tuner has a switch called "use offsets". it will remember the offsets you program into it when the switch is off, so you can simply turn the switch on when you use this guitar

Maybe could he use a Control Switch to flip between to make it easier in practice?

Ok, thanks for your suggestions … To turn on and off offsets will work. The only problem is that I also tune my normal guitars with small offsets (a tip by Carter Cooper).
So best things would be, if FAS would implement tuner presets or showing offsets while tuning on the display. Maybe a feature request …

Ok, thanks for your suggestions … To turn on and off offsets will work. The only problem is that I also tune my normal guitars with small offsets (a tip by Carter Cooper).
So best things would be, if FAS would implement tuner presets or showing offsets while tuning on the display. Maybe a feature request …
Definitely a great wish list idea! I was intonating a guitar with the Feiten system & it's a pain to keep redialing in the offsets for open & 12th fret tuning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom