Tuner's... Do you use the FM9 or are you still gravitating to your dedicated unit?

DaveO

Fractal Fanatic
Just curious, I myself have embraced the FM9's tuner but I see lots of pic's with people using their dedicated h/w tuners so just wondering on why/general conversation.
Cheers,

Habits are hard to break for me. It's the same reason I can't let go of my amp heads. I look down and need to see my tuner pedal. It comforting. I always think its a dedicated tuner pedal so it has to be more precise even if its not.

I use the FM9's tuner. It works fine and there's one less thing to carry. My previous tuner of choice was my trusty old Korg rackmount tuner. Now the Korg sits in an old rack case with some other gear the FM9 has also replaced.

I use the FM9’s. For my purposes, building up a board with outdoor pedals defeats the all-in-one appeal of the FM9.

+1 on the FM9 tuner. Have several headstock types and an old Behringer rack mount unit which hasn't seen use in years. The tuner is activated by holding down the first button on the left of the FM9 and mutes output. Been doing that since my old FM3 and my own personal preference.

Own an outboard StroboStomp for sweetened and alternate acoustic tunings. Utilizing the onboard FM9 tuner on an external stand-in for sweetened electric tunings. Both work well, the Strobo takes a bit getting used to compared to the FM9...

I use the Fractal tuners in all their units, without any problems.
I love the mini display at the top of the screen as a quick reference.
FAS is #1!

Im always thinking: Is there a way to make the tuner stay on all the time while stepping through presets with the FC-12 by now? I use different guitars with the same cable in our Live Show and if i play the acoustic guitar and the singer changes his mind regarding the next song, making me pedal through presets and one with a higain sound: feedback mess! If i could do that, it would stop my mind from thinking about adding a Pedaltuner next to the FC.

Last edited:
Honestly, I’d prefer tuning with my Strobostomp HD, but it doesn’t fit on my board properly. The FM9 tuner does a more than adequate job and I use it all the time. If I had space for the Peterson on my board though, (without stuff being cramped or sideways) I’d have it on there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom