tuner

Wayne Y

Is there a way to calibrate the tuner, it seams to be off from my peterson tuner, I have a strobeo rack , and a peterson floor strobe tuner. Does anyone else have this problem with the tuner.

The tuner doesn't need calibration, therefore there is no way to calibrate it. There is nothing that can drift to cause it to be miscalibrated.

A common source of tuning issues is mismatched clocks if you're using SPDIF I/O from the unit. Make certain the unit's world clock source is set to "INTERNAL". Or make sure your world clock source is putting out a 48 kHz clock signal.

See: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tuner#Troubleshooting

The tuner doesn't need calibration, therefore there is no way to calibrate it. There is nothing that can drift to cause it to be miscalibrated.

A common source of tuning issues is mismatched clocks if you're using SPDIF I/O from the unit. Make certain the unit's world clock source is set to "INTERNAL". Or make sure your world clock source is putting out a 48 kHz clock signal.

See: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tuner#Troubleshooting
Ok thanks for the info I will make sure every thing is set right.

Ok thanks for the info I will make sure every thing is set right.

Also, there’s a “tuner” thread here that will give you a whole lot more insight. The bottom line is that the Axe tuner is more accurate by design. Check the thread out because it will open your eyes to how all the modern tuners are tweaked and tuned as well as how the Axe tuner operates.

I used to have two Peterson StroboFlips, one for my gig bag, one at home for use with modelers, since none of the modelers I'd ever owned had a decent tuner. When I got the Axe II I sold one of the flips because the Axe tuner was dead on as good. The tuner in the III is superb and it matches my Flip perfectly.

I'm sorry I sold the other Flip, though, since they're not made anymore and I'd like a backup for my gig bag. ;)

Danny W.

I'm not familiar with your tuner model but I use an old Peterson VS-II and it uses 'sweetened' tuning. I put custom tuning in my XL and III to match it.

Back
Top Bottom