Tuner Slow??

gdgross

Experienced
I've noticed something funny with the tuner.

Live, I use a liquid foot jr midi controller, which I have set up to call up the tuner with cc 63. (or maybe 64, I can't remember now)

When I do, it seems that the response of the tuner on te axe-II screen is very slow. Doesn't react quickly to me turning the pegs.

However, if I pull up the tuner with the button on the axe II front panel, all seems ok, it has the normal response.

With the ultra, I the LF jr. Supported tuber data on the pedalboard, but I don't believe it does that with the axe-II yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

My guess is the LF is echoing the tuner data back to the axe-II and flooding the MIDI buffer. Try turning off the Realtime Sysex messages.

My guess is the LF is echoing the tuner data back to the axe-II and flooding the MIDI buffer. Try turning off the Realtime Sysex messages.

I use the AXE-II (FW 2.0c) with the MFC-101 (FW 1.04; 10 m Cat5) and I'm not so lucky with the response of the tuner on the MFC screen too - for me it's very slow in live-situations ... What can I do?

Thanks!

are you at the latest firmware on the lf?the latestcsupports the axefx2 it works fine here even before the update for the 2. if you turn realtime sysex off,the tuner wont work on the lf. set it to tuner only.

I have the latest Jr firmware (2.16) and it doesn't seem to support tuner mode with the axe 2 properly. The display on the Jr seems to have similar symptoms to the axe tuner - slow and unresponsive.

Nonetheless, disabling the tuner sysex send in the axe seemed to cure the slow/jumpy problem.

Looking forward to firmware updates that will let me tune while looking at my pedalboard again. :)

I have the latest Jr firmware (2.16) and it doesn't seem to support tuner mode with the axe 2 properly. The display on the Jr seems to have similar symptoms to the axe tuner - slow and unresponsive.

Nonetheless, disabling the tuner sysex send in the axe seemed to cure the slow/jumpy problem.

Looking forward to firmware updates that will let me tune while looking at my pedalboard again. :)

You need to set MIDI THRU off on the Liquid Foot.

The next firmware release (coming in the next day or so) will turn MIDI THRU off automatically when using the tuner.

Hm, I thought it was off, but I'll double check when I get off work today!

Thanks Sean, you've been quite helpful a number of times!

the tuner function on the LF jr is not working properly with the axe fx II yet. we're waiting for jeff to release the new firmware that will fix this. my LF jr won't even display the correct tuning notes. it just keeps switching between A and Bb no matter which string i'm tuning

the tuner function on the LF jr is not working properly with the axe fx II yet. we're waiting for jeff to release the new firmware that will fix this. my LF jr won't even display the correct tuning notes. it just keeps switching between A and Bb no matter which string i'm tuning

I don't think everyone with jr. is having your issue. From what Jeff states the 2.16 firmware works as long as you turn off MIDI thru. The next firmware will make turn off MIDI thru unnecessary because it will automatically disable MIDI thru when you are in tuner mode.

I don't think everyone with jr. is having your issue. From what Jeff states the 2.16 firmware works as long as you turn off MIDI thru. The next firmware will make turn off MIDI thru unnecessary because it will automatically disable MIDI thru when you are in tuner mode.

trust me, MIDI thru is off in my unit. i have my LF jr configured correctly and it's not working

Just checked, and MIDI thru is off on my jr, too.

Bummer - I was really jazzed when I got the JR and it had that feature! Oh well, it's only a minor inconvenience; I'm almost never the frontman anyway, so who cares if I have to turn around to tune up. :)

Just checked, and MIDI thru is off on my jr, too.Bummer - I was really jazzed when I got the JR and it had that feature! Oh well, it's only a minor inconvenience; I'm almost never the frontman anyway, so who cares if I have to turn around to tune up. :)
well that suck. it is working just fine on mine pro. jeff said tomorrow on the new firmware. he also said others have got the jr working by turning off the thru. i dont know if the firmware update will fix your issue. i hope so.

just a heads up: jeff just released the V2.17 firmware for the LF jr yesterday and my tuner is now working perfectly with the Axe II

Back
Top Bottom