Wish Tuner: Selectable multi-I/O muting options

AJ Vargas

Experienced
I've been thinking about this for a while. As of now, you have the option of selecting the source as Input 1, 2, 3, 4 or All but the Mute only has three options: Input, Output or Off.

It would be nice if you could select some sort of 'advanced settings' in the Mute menu where you could select any number of combinations like: Mute > Output > All/Select > Select: Output 1 Y/N Output 2 Y/N Output 3 Y/N Output 4 Y/N

Why would I like this? Well, as good as it works right now 'as it is', I can see a couple scenarios where this would be super-helpful. Let's say I have my Axe racked in the control room in my studio, so I'm tracking a band in the live room, this way I can send a copy of the Input 1 thru Out 4 to a tuner I have in the Live room and having the guitarists/bassist tune silently without putting any tuner pedal in front of the Axe, thus preventing any signal coloration/degradation, and more importantly, without annoying the F out of the band and/or us people in the control room, LOL.

Likewise, let's say it's a live situation where you and your bass player share one Axe Fx and he/she has a tuner pedal in front but you don't or vice versa. I have one or two songs where I have a nice rest while the verses are only drums & bass so I can check my tuning. With selectable I/O muting I can silently tune without muting the entire rig and letting the bass rip.

What do you guys think, yay or nay?

+1

Requirement in my case:

When using the Axe FX III on stage: From time to time I need to add some Room-Reverb to my InEar-Signal when only dry Signals are delivered. Till now I use an extra Reverb-Unit in my Rack. Plan was to remove this Unit from the Rack an let the Axe FX III do the job.

Problem: When I tune the guitar, In1 or Out1 should be muted while tuning. In2 or Out3 (Out2 would be ok, too) should not be muted. Otherwise I can´t hear whats going on anymore.

It seems something for this was implemented for FM9 in firmware 4.01:

"Changed Tuner Mute behavior so that Mute: INPUT only mutes the selected Input source"

I haven't found this in the release notes for the axe fx 3. Also, I just checked on the axe fx 3, but the tuner still seems to mute all input sources. Maybe this one fell through the cracks?

Back
Top Bottom