Tuner Randomly threw itself off?

LucasLeCompte

Experienced
I have never had this issue before. I went to tune my guitar today and I tuned it to what the tuner said was right, but when I went to play along with a song, it sounded way off. I then pulled up a tuning video on youtube tuning and found out my guitar was wayyy off. So if I play a low E, my tuner tells me that I am playing an F that is sharp to the 3rd bar. SO I am sounding an E but it is telling me that I am playing an F that is actually sharp. I havent touched anything, my hz is at 440 and all the offsets are at 0. I am missing something? Did I enable something my accident? I am running firmware 12.11 and on 1.06.01. Does the same thing on all guitars, even switched out cables, same thing.

EDIT: seems this was an issue in an earlier firmware too?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fixed-random-tuner-problem-since-fw-12.162437/

Do you have it connected digitally to something with a different sample rate?
Yeah, if you're using an external clock rate that affects the tuner calculations and therefore the displayed notes.

You guys nailed it. FOR SOME REASON my damn focusrite 6i6 changed itself to 44.1 randomly. No idea why it did that. Tuner is working again. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom