Tuner questions AFX 2 XL

Hello Everyone !

Not new to playing live with modelling, but new to Axe FX , in my case a barely used II XL / MFC 101 on Ares.
So, i went through hours of vids and reading posts and TFM, but still ...
If my questions are already asked, please moderators, send me to the right direction and feel free to delete this post ;-)

I run the 'old fashioned' way of 2 split guitar signals, 1 piezo input 1 front L, and magnetics input 1 back R (AND copy output 1 to 2 for IEM).

My tuner is set IA 16 under TAP/TEMPO with long press.

Q1: does the tuner only 'listen' to the front input 1L this way, or can I make it listen to the back as well? I'd rather have it react to the back input 1R if I HAVE to choose one ...)
Q2: can I make the tuner MUTE the output signal when engaged, or send only to output 2 (to the IEM)?
Q3: can I have the led turn RED when tuner is active?

Looking forward to your replies!
Kind Regards from the Netherlands,
Ollie

I would suggest using the front for electric and the rear for piezo. Front input has a special design for electric guitars. This may solve question 1 as well.

The tuner has mute options if you engage the tuner then page right to the options. Be sure to page left to the actual tuner again.

Don’t know what LED you are asking about in q3.

I would suggest using the front for electric and the rear for piezo. Front input has a special design for electric guitars. This may solve question 1 as well.

The tuner has mute options if you engage the tuner then page right to the options. Be sure to page left to the actual tuner again.

Don’t know what LED you are asking about in q3.
Chris, thanks for that prompt reply.
I use the front for piezo row simply because that's where the piezo signal ended up after the split at the guitar input chassis haha. (tip = piezo, ring = pups). Before, I played a Pod X3 Pro with the 2 seperate signal paths both with straight jacks at the back so that didn't matter.)
But that can be changed, I'll ask my tech to solder it the other way around. (expl: the front input jack is now changed to an angled one because of the lid of the rack).

I'll dig into Q2 with that info.

The led in Q3 is the flashing led above the tap switch that turns green continuously when tuner is on.
I would like that to turn red when the tuner is on. Don't know why - it just seems the right thing to do, when using the tuner. At least to me.
Red light? Tuner's on. It has always been that way for me with the formidable Korg DTR that is still in my rack. I really cannot give you a specific other reason for this, maybe I'm just an idiot ;-)
It is a luxury 'problem' - I'm aware of that.

thanks again!

Chris, thanks for that prompt reply.
I use the front for piezo row simply because that's where the piezo signal ended up after the split at the guitar input chassis haha. (tip = piezo, ring = pups). Before, I played a Pod X3 Pro with the 2 seperate signal paths both with straight jacks at the back so that didn't matter.)
But that can be changed, I'll ask my tech to solder it the other way around. (expl: the front input jack is now changed to an angled one because of the lid of the rack).

I'll dig into Q2 with that info.

The led in Q3 is the flashing led above the tap switch that turns green continuously when tuner is on.
I would like that to turn red when the tuner is on. Don't know why - it just seems the right thing to do, when using the tuner. At least to me.
Red light? Tuner's on. It has always been that way for me with the formidable Korg DTR that is still in my rack. I really cannot give you a specific other reason for this, maybe I'm just an idiot ;-)
It is a luxury 'problem' - I'm aware of that.

thanks again!
i just used both rear jacks for Input 1 Left and Right so it was a clean front panel. just need to set the Input 1 to Rear in the I/O menu. but either way works.

I especially chose this 'setup' because videos showed me it would be the only way to have the 'copy output 1 to 2' option open.
This is not true? Or was it true at that time?

Back
Top Bottom