Tuner Question

jgparker59

Inspired
I have a Peterson Strobe Tuner that I have always used for years. Now I tune my guitar with the strobe tuner and then to make it tune on the Axe, I have to offset the Axe 4.00 cents (positive). So my question is do I trust the Strobe and leave the Axe offset 4 cents or should I offset the Strobe tuner?

I don't know what "sweeteners" are. So what you are both saying is to trust the Axe rather than the strobe? Has anyone ran like a tone generator or whatever into the axe to double check it's accuracy. I'm not doubting the Axe (diehard fan) but just want to make sure.

I don't know what "sweeteners" are. So what you are both saying is to trust the Axe rather than the strobe? Has anyone ran like a tone generator or whatever into the axe to double check it's accuracy. I'm not doubting the Axe (diehard fan) but just want to make sure.

If it's an analog Peterson then I would check the calibration.

Are you 4 cents accurate with your playing?

Pinetop Perkins always said he didn't worry about tuning, he just played in tune.

IIRC - this question has come up before, and Scott Peterson did measurements of the accuracy of the AxeII Tuner to the Peterson Strobe, and they both have been identical. The Axe tuner is very accurate.. . I would suggest looking a re-cal on the strobe.

I've checked my Peterson VS2 against the axe, (the peterson can generate tones), and they agree 100%. Also, the VS2 has slight offsets available for each string if you want to use that mode.

The VS2 isn't a mechanical tuner. The AutoStrobes are mechanical and calibrating them is required at regular intervals. The VS stands for virtual strobe. I have numerous Peterson tuners. The AFX tuner is pretty damn accurate and I have used it exclusively on gigs in the past, but after you learn to use the strobe display (a day or so at most IME) I find it much quicker using the Peterson tuners. That being said, my StroboRack is very heavy and obviously takes up 1u of rack space so is probably going to be relegated to the studio once my LF+12+ gets here to replace my old LF Pro. I'll continue to tune all my guitars on my StroboFlip before sets and use the AFX during sets.

All IMHO, YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom