Tuner Poll

What is your preference for the tuner note names?

• Mixed sharps and flats as it is now, i.e. C, C#, D, Eb...

Votes: 172 46.4%
  • All sharps, i.e. C, C#, D, D#...

Votes: 40 10.8%
  • All flats, i.e. C, Db, D, Eb...

Votes: 159 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh now you've done it! Soon, we'll all be arguing over the poll! ;)
What happens if "Mixed sharps and flats" gets the most votes, but more than 50 percent of the votes come from those who want it to be either all sharps or all flats?
Lies, damned lies, and statistics . . .

I don't really have a preference. Works fine as is for me but since I'm mostly tuned down a 1/2 step with the band I guess flats. Offset would be cool too.

Option D - I have no preference.

However, being able to configure a tuning offset somewhere that would be used to adjust all pitch harmonies. IOW, if I set the offset to -1 or Eb to indicate I’m tuned down a half step I would like things like a pitch block configured for an A Dorian harmony to be treated as Ab Dorian.

For whatever reason I gravitate to naming notes as flats as opposed to sharps, but, as others have said, I'd have no issue with any of the naming conventions (I picked "All Flats" in the poll FWIW).

We want diverse options. We don't want to live under the western dominance! ✊

Sanskrit
Sa–Re–Ga–Ma–Pa–Dha–Ni (सा-रे-गा-मा-पा-धा-नि)

Telugu
Sa–Ri–Ga–Ma–Pa–Da–Ni (స–రి–గ–మ–ప–ద–ని)

Japanese
Ha (ハ) Ei-ha (嬰ハ) Hen-ni(変ニ) Ni (ニ) Ei-ni (嬰ニ) Hen-ho (変ホ) Ho (ホ) He (ヘ) Ei-he (嬰へ) Hen-to (変ト) To (ト) Ei-to (嬰ト) Hen-i (変イ) I (イ) Ei-i (嬰イ) Ro (ロ)

Indian
Sa Shuddha Ri Chatushruti Ri Sadharana Ga Antara Ga Shuddha Ma Prati Ma Pa Shuddha Dha Chatushruti Dha Kaisika Ni Kakali Ni

German
B is represented as H
B is actually a B flat

C Major Scale:
C-D-E-F-G-A-H-C

F-Major Scale:
F-G-A-B-C-D-E-F

I tune to Eb so all flats would be good, but I'd be equally fine with all sharps.
The mixed sharps and flats I don't care for.

Back
Top Bottom