• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Tuner on with expression (volume) pedal heel down to save an AI switch

Much like a 'tuner out' jack on an Ernie Ball volume pedal. This is to request that the tuner can be turned on when an expression pedal is at 0 (heel down).

I use an expression pedal for volume control/volume swells etc - when the volume is at 0, it would be handy to turn the tuner on so that it get's around the need to have the tuner on an AI switch on the MFC.

Shenks

Veteran
Many years ago I had a Boss GT-8 where I configured the built-in expression/volume pedal to do exactly that. The only problem was that the tuner did not switch off quickly enough and so you didn't get a smooth ramp in volume - in effect it jumped from nothing to around 15-20% in a single moment.

Many years ago I had a Boss GT-8 where I configured the built-in expression/volume pedal to do exactly that. The only problem was that the tuner did not switch off quickly enough and so you didn't get a smooth ramp in volume - in effect it jumped from nothing to around 15-20% in a single moment.
That was a concern of mine, HOWEVER, you can configure (it is by default, I think) the tuner to NOT mute the audio when enabled. So effectively, have the expression controlling the volume ramp and just simply turn the tuner on and off...not have the tuner control the muting of the signal.

zionplayer

Inspired
Do you have a 'Tap Tempo' switch configured on your MFC. I have used the option to 'HoldAxeTap' to turn tuner on - works like a champ and doesn't take another switch. Not for everybody, as it does take 2 seconds to engage the tuner. Some folks just aren't that patient...

@zionplayer I don't actually, I set all my stuff in the preset and rarely need to change that so I've removed the tap tempo from an AI. I used to use the tap/tuner function though, thanks for the heads up anyway :)

Top Bottom