Bug? Tuner on MFC does not match tuner Axe-fx II

Not sure if it is flat compared to the Axe-FX, never checked that specifically... But it sure does "feel" disconnected and a different tuner to the display on the Axe-FX... Seems to jump around a bit almost like a latency issue.

I gave up on the MFC displaying tuner and went with a dedicated unit for this reason... Trying to downsize so gave it another go.

The tuner display on the Axe-FX is fine, but the MFC just seems a little funky IMHO.... Seems slow to react and difficult to tune accurately to.

I have tried many different guitars, single coils and HB's ... Same old same old.

Will stick to using the Axe-FX display.

Last edited:
Same thing here...Part of the reason I purchased the MFC was so I didn't have to turn around at Shows, but it isn't accurate. I use the Axe Display also. Are you using a MIDI Cable ? I'm wondering if the Cat5 Cable is more precise.

The latency is on the AxeFx side. Cat5, midi cable, doesn't matter. I get the same problem with my mfc and gordius.

I am using CAT5 (a very heavy Ethercon) and have the same problem. I am the OP and did't post it in this sections since I don't know that it's a bug in the MFC. It definitely starting to appear that is the case. For now, I also rely on the Axe display.

I'm using a Midi Cable, I'm going to make a Cat 5 cable tonight and try it just to see if it's any better.

Using Cat5, just update to 2.15 and both head and pedal are the same... High quality cat5 with ethercon....The bug is with no tuner after turn on unless you change preset.

Tuner on my MFC matches the Axe... there's a slight delay due to latency.
There is known bug with the current v2.15 MFC firmware that will be fixed in the next release that stops tuner and tap tempo from working after power up.

It can be mitigated by selecting another preset, then back to the first. All works as normally after that.

Thank you for posting this... I thought my MFC was broken or something. I had just done the update, but hadn't noticed the issue until after the gig later that same night. I tried the advice you suggested and it does the trick and I can wait until the next update. Powering it up again every time was getting annoying.

Tuner on my MFC matches the Axe... there's a slight delay due to latency.
There is known bug with the current v2.15 MFC firmware that will be fixed in the next release that stops tuner and tap tempo from working after power up.

It can be mitigated by selecting another preset, then back to the first. All works as normally after that.

Back
Top Bottom