1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. July 27 2018 - support.fractalaudio.com is temporarily down for updates. Please use this forum for support or see the "News" section here for additional details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuner not right...

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by stm113, Aug 10, 2018.

1. stm113

stm113
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I was in the middle of a project the other night and went to check my tuning and the tuner said I was off by almost 2 Steps per string. I checked the offsets, and the calibration. No offsets, and the CAL is set to 440. I even checked another guitar and had the same result. Checking with a different tuner showed it to be off a little more than 2 Steps.

I restarted the unit, no luck. The next day the tuner worked fine, today it’s back to its shenanigans.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. lqdsnddist

lqdsnddist
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Perhaps something to due with recording at 48k?

3. stm113

stm113
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Interesting you say that. I think I had a project up that was in 44.1 because I was recording analog. I did have the AF2 hooked up via usb tho. So how do I reset the tuner?

4. Bakerman

Bakerman
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Were you using SPDIF/AES as input or clock source? That will make the tuner wrong when locking to a 44.1 signal.

Billbill likes this.