Tuner Jitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
With higher resolution you will never be dead still unless you are familiar with strobe tuners. With accuracy at this level, there often is this sort of slight 'jitter'.

First thing that I always do, neck pickup, tone rolled all the way back. Didn't help with the bass, but it is still a lot better than it was with the old version.

Generally great advice (I do it too), but not applicable on my Axis which doesn't have a tone knob (unless of course you consider the volume knob to be tone like EVH :) ). I am getting a lot of jitter on my B string too as some others have posted. The other strings seem OK which is what makes it odd to me.

Won't tune the low Es (standard tuning) on my guitars very well - jumps around all over the place (will tune with the 12th fret harmonic though). Other strings are workable, but overall was much better in previous versions. Some pickup combinations work better than others but still not as good as it used to be.

With higher resolution you will never be dead still unless you are familiar with strobe tuners. With accuracy at this level, there often is this sort of slight 'jitter'.

It is not a slight jitter!

The problem is that it just jumps around and won't settle in the center, especially on the B and high E string. I can't visually tell if those strings are in tune at all.

I am now using my Line6 Toneport to tune on my computer instead of the Axe or Axe Edit.
Hopefully this can be fixed !!

It is not a slight jitter!

The problem is that it just jumps around and won't settle in the center, especially on the B and high E string. I can't visually tell if those strings are in tune at all.

I am now using my Line6 Toneport to tune on my computer instead of the Axe or Axe Edit.
Hopefully this can be fixed !!

I don't have this behavior here.

Is there anyway to shoot video of it to better illustrate it? I believe you, I'm not doubting you. But mine isn't doing anything like what is described here.

haha you know what i meant. i just noticed that the tuner goes crazy, i don't get why it goes crazy when my guitar is on 0 though. sounds good to me if it's just so accurate that it is jittery...

i still have to test the accuracy, i haven't tuned my guitar for a couple weeks now...

I have the problem with bass. With A it's intermittent, but definitely on E and B, it twitches all over the place. Sometimes it'll settle down and actually tune, other times it won't and I'll have to play it again. I've tried adjusting the EQ and volume knobs on the bass. Nothing seems to make it better. It just seems to have a hard time finding the lock. Once it does, it works, but that's a hit and a miss.

I find more jitter also, jumping alot on low Es (standard tuning) on my guitars. I know Cliff put alot of work into the tuner for 6 .......will check the pickup/vol/tone recommendations above to see if that helps.

I've had the same experience with the low E string...jumps all over the place. 12th fret harmonic is the only way I can tune it.

I really appreciate greater accuracy for intonation (thanks Cliff!) but for normal tuning the jitter makes it a little hard to use, so I've been using Axe-Edit (sans magic 8 ball) for tuning.

I noticed the same thing, live the tuner has always given me a bit of trouble. It would be better to have a less accurate setting where is would lock up like something like the TC or Boss tuner really fast, like a live mode and then the strobe mode for studio. My B string almost can't be tuned now, it is a bummer because at the moment for my gigs I woudl probably need to bring a tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom