Tuner issues?

Conley Shepherd

Experienced
I am getting tuner issues where striking one string often shows another string name. This happens quite frequently on all guitars plugged into the AF3. I only plug one guitar in at a time and exhibit the same behavior. this happens hard wired and wireless both.

Seems to have gotten worse with more recent firmwares. I have certainly noticed this behavior more in recent FW updates. Enough to make me go, wth??

Anyone else see this? This is from the main AF3 as well, not the FC12 screen - which is not as accurate as I would like it either.

If there are any suggestions to help this behavior, I am all ears...

My main 3 guitars that experience this issue are :
PRS Custom 24 10 top
MusicMan JP15
LTD EC1000T Deluxe - used more than the others

I make sure I'm actively muting all other strings while tuning and then I don't have this issue. I think it may be pickup up harmonics from the other strings is what I've figured

There have been no changes to the Tuner in at least a year, probably longer. Works perfectly for me with a multitude of guitars.

I make sure I'm actively muting all other strings while tuning and then I don't have this issue. I think it may be pickup up harmonics from the other strings is what I've figured
+1 Make sure you're muting all the other strings really well or it will pick them up. Also, switching to your neck pickup and turning your tone knob down help.

With any tuner the rule of thumb is to use the neck pickup. The "fullest volume" is not necessary.

Back
Top Bottom