Tuner issues when using violin with FX8

Karthick

Hello,

I'm a violinist using the Fx8 to process my electric violin. I'm having a problem with my tuner that seems to repeat more often than before now. On one of the strings(higher ones usually) the tuning display is inaccurate and is off by 25-30 cents. Usually the offset makes the string flatter by this 25-30 cents.

I have used the BOSS GT6, KORG Pitchblack with my violin before and have never had any issues before. I would really appreciate if anyone can throw light on this, and fixes if any. I would really prefer not to pluck the strings and tune it like a guitar as the bowed pitch is slightly different from the plucked tone.

Thanks in advance
Karthick

Just to add I'm wondering if there is some algorithm that Fractal puts in to aid guitarists to tune more effectively/intuitively that is going against the violin in my case?

Just to add I'm wondering if there is some algorithm that Fractal puts in to aid guitarists to tune more effectively/intuitively that is going against the violin in my case?
i don't know for sure, but i'd doubt it. perhaps it's the frequencies the bow adds?

as the bowed pitch is slightly different from the plucked tone.
hmm, well isn't this the issue?

I have adde my Korg Pitch Black which works perfectly. However would love to know if there is a workaround for my issue.

Hope Fractal sorts this problem for violinists. We might be a minority here but am sure there are ways to sort out tuner issues to the satisfaction of everyone like other tuner pedals do!

If it's only happening on one string, it might be time to change that string. Damage to the string can cause inharmonic oscillations that could throw off your tuning.

Hi Rex, That's a good point. However I can confirm that it happens across strings(only the higher ones but). And has happened before and after string changes.

Then it's a new one on me. Not being a violinist, I can't test it.

Back
Top Bottom