Tuner and open tuning

and what do you have to do next ? someone have a example ?

thks
Let’s say you want to tune an E string to a D.
Turn on the tuner
Strike the string
The tuner shows E
Downtune the string while striking it and the tuner will show the pitch
When it shows D, stop.

I suspect that OP is thinking of a tuner that has each string specifically defined, but it doesn't work that way. Just tune the strings to the notes you want.

Yeah that’s not possible. Tuners don’t know what string you’re tuning, they just hear a note. I’ve seen some tuners with alternate tuning but most have told me they don’t work too well.

Ultimately it’s best to know the note you want to tune to, and just tune to it. I’ve been to some of the “guitar god” backstage tech areas, and even they keep their tuners in standard mode, and just have a list of the notes they tune to with the guitar. Very simple, straight forward and not messing with modes that might have you tune to the wrong note. Keeping it in standard mode, you know exactly what note is actually on the string.

I’ve had friends accidentally put various tuners in 1/2 step down or more, tune, and start the show completely out of tune with the rest of the band. Knowing the notes you want prevents all of that, and hey, it’s probably good to know the notes anyway ;)

Back
Top Bottom