Tuner Accuracy

I have the Korg in my rack and it matches the Axe perfectly. For me the Korg is just visually easier from a distance. The Axe rolling ball is a bit more accurate for those last few cents like putting the Korg in strobe mode.

Axe-edit shows 430, but when i check the axe, it is 440.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The 430 hz default is an Axe-Edit bug that will be fixed shortly. The Axe-FX II correctly defaults to 440. Also, the Axe-Edit Tuner related buttons are non-functional at the moment (mute, offsets, etc.) That will also be fixed.

I agree,

Tuner display on MFC is a little slow to respond which means you can overshoot quite easily.
So maybe if this could be improved this would be great.

I have a Stroboflip (my reference), the AXFX II and Strobosoft (software running on Windows).... the Stroboflip and AXFX are within cents the same. The Strobosoft uses the PC clocks and is NOT accurate until it is calibrated, then is stable. I use the Strobosoft nearly 100% in studio, AX live (or HD500). I do tune to the decayed note vs the attack (not sure how one would really do that or why). Stability of tuning seems fine (both accuracy and dynamic response).

I also have a Peterson Clip tuner, I'm not sure I like that much (cost compared to a cheap PT-10 or such, not that big of an improvement).. I don't have any compensated nut guitars so don't use any different tunings (I do tune G down a few cents to compensate for fretting sharps).

I like the Peterson view but the ball on the AXII is fine.

Just my experiences...

OT, I have heard that it is suggested to tune tremelo bridges with the G and D strings first then work outward. Tried it and it did not seem to matter... just wondering..

BTW, you don't need to use a direct box into the FF800. The fireface 800 has balanced line level ins. Just get an XLR to 1/4 cable.

Please make the tuner stop jumping around on the first 2 strings on my guitars!!

The accuracy is good but the jumping around is crap. The bottom 4 strings are perfectly stable, but the high E & B have torrets syndrome!!!!

Please make the tuner stop jumping around on the first 2 strings on my guitars!!

The accuracy is good but the jumping around is crap. The bottom 4 strings are perfectly stable, but the high E & B have torrets syndrome!!!!

Cliff already stated that the next update would stabilize the tuner more.

Cliff already stated that the next update would stabilize the tuner more.
...? I thought the previous update already did that. It will be even more next time? (I must have missed that quote, that's all... :))

BTW: I also have the impression my DTR-1 is dead-on with the Axe (though I've not been anal about checking that).

...? I thought the previous update already did that. It will be even more next time? (I must have missed that quote, that's all... :))

BTW: I also have the impression my DTR-1 is dead-on with the Axe (though I've not been anal about checking that).

yes, more than already.

I love my Polytune Poly-Chromatic tuner for quick tuning between songs. Is there any way to connect the MFC to that so I can use my preferred tuner?...or do I need to go in before the Axe?? I am wireless with the plan that my Axe will be in a rack - with only one cable to the MFC out front - will be a pain if I have to have the Polytune near the rack!

This has been addressed in Version 7.00.

The MFC tuner is serviceable when I can't get to where I can see my rack (which isn't often). The Axe display itself is great on mine. I don't find the need to have an external tuner any longer, and don't use them at all. They now live in my music room for use by my poor, Axe Fx-less band mates. :)

Thanks for continuing development on the unit, Cliff and company. Your support and product improvement is better than any company I have ever worked with, and I appreciate it!!

I always tune via the ii. Not sure if anyone gets this but the mfc seems to be less stable then the ii's display. Maybe it's a latency involved due to cat 5. I'm not sure but i def just tune with the ii which isn't a Problem since its within eyes distance for me. Mfc seems alittle to bouncy.

redburst21 said:
I always tune via the ii. Not sure if anyone gets this but the mfc seems to be less stable then the ii's display. Maybe it's a latency involved due to cat 5. I'm not sure but i def just tune with the ii which isn't a Problem since its within eyes distance for me. Mfc seems alittle to bouncy.

Same experience here. Much easier from the axe display than with the Mfc.

I actually like the axe fx tuner. it's suuuuper accurate. If you're having issues tuning, you have one or more of the following issues:

1.) Heavy attack - solution: pick lighter, go to heavier strings, go to a longer scale guitar/more tension
2.) Neck Joint/nut issues and/or bad setup - solution: take it to a luthier. Try bending on the strings, tune up, bend, etc.. stretch your strings when you change them
3.) Impatience - solution: wait a second between string strikes, tune UP to the note, never down.

Back
Top Bottom