Tumblin' Dice - A start

plyall

Power User
Folks -

I was trying to nail down something that would cover both Tumblin' Dice and Honky Tonk Women. This is a START. Please add your feedback, tweaks, and advice.

For reference purposes, I am using Axe-FX II, Tech 21 PE-60's (pseudo FRFR), and a PRS McCarty. I used the single coil neck to start this patch. For Honky Tonk Women, kick it over to a single (humbucker?) coil on your bridge pickup.

Thanks!

PeteView attachment 11780

I gave this a listen using my "Keef" Fender Relic Tele in Open G tuning, capo 4th fret, neck humbucker for Tumblin' Dice. I don't see why you have the delay in there, I took it out. Also changed the 4x12 1960B V30(RW) cab to the 1x12 EMI Open Back (JM) cab with no mic sim, panned both cabs to center (I don't use a stereo rig) and lowered the volume level of the 2x12 Boutique cab to -3 db to give it a less direct feel (the JM cab IR's are far field IR's). I also bumped the treble a bit. Nothing major, just personal preferences for it to work better with my guitar.

Took the capo off and gave Honky Tonk Women a spin. Not sure what guitar Keith used for that one on the original recording, but it doesn't sound like a Tele. So, I left it on the neck humbucker. Works for me.

Nice job with the gain really low on the Supertweed. I have tried that amp a few times, but never got what I was looking for. I always thought it had way too much gain for any kind of tweed sim. Taking it that low sounds good. Don't know why didn't I try that before....

Ethomas -

I'm afraid to say, but the delay was there because it was left from a previous preset, and because I like a subtle (but longer) delay.

Thanks for the cabinet tweaks! I wonder - would you consider posting your updates here?

Back
Top Bottom