Tucanas. New vids, preset... QRev.9B.

Burgs

Power User
I love the Carol-Ann amps. Richer than a rum ball, perfect dynamics (for me), simple, cool. Love them. One day I'm going to have to track down Alan Phillips and fork out for the real thing. In the meantime, here's a little Tucana fun, along with a preset. I've used the ML Bulb Zilla and OH DLX 1x12 IR's, so you should source those yourself or use something similar from the FAS menagerie.

On with the show.

Preset: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5792

I love the Carol-Ann amps. Richer than a rum ball, perfect dynamics (for me), simple, cool. Love them. One day I'm going to have to track down Alan Phillips and fork out for the real thing. In the meantime, here's a little Tucana fun, along with a preset. I've used the ML Bulb Zilla and OH DLX 1x12 IR's, so you should source those yourself or use something similar from the FAS menagerie.

On with the show.

Love your work, mate!

I've been thinking for a while now that P90's are the way to go, this confirms it ! absolutely great tone and playing.

Great sound and great guitar playing !!!
Inspiring stuff in every way!

Thank you, most appreciated.

I'm with you. The Tucana is my go to amp.
Alan is a great guy as well.

I look forward to meeting him sometime. Cheers. :)

Sounds great!

Is your shirt a nod to @2112 ?

Yes, Leon sent it to me. Top bloke, top band.

Killer as always. Having played a real Tucana I have to say the Axe model is incredibly accurate. That's a nice surprise too!

Thanks... for the kind words AND the shirt. :)

Love your work, mate!

Cheers!

I've been thinking for a while now that P90's are the way to go, this confirms it ! absolutely great tone and playing.

Yep. Although, I have to say that not all P90's are the same. These Lollar soapbars are far more articulate than anything else I've tried. Keepers. Thanks for the kind words. :)

what a great tone and what a player, your playing is such an inspiration and makes so much desire to play guitar.

On with the show.

Such a pleasure listening to your melodic playing.

Killer as always. Having played a real Tucana I have to say the Axe model is incredibly accurate.

I agree. I own the Carol Ann SD60 which is very close to the Tucana 3 but with 6L6 instead of KT88. I played the Fractal Tuc preset and thought it was close. Then I switched the power tube model from KT88 to 6L6 and it sounded pretty much just like mine direct.

Back
Top Bottom