TUCANA 3!!! The best tone I ever heard! Cliff, PLEASE model all channels :(

I think Alan (the make of those amps) states that the clean channel isn't different from the triptiks, and that the gain channel is the same except for a 2nd volume for lead boost....so you have all the channels already.

The two gain channels on the tucana 3 are the same, so you have those already (the idea is two varying levels of gains but the same voicing). The clean is not the same as the triptik. I own both they are both great cleans, I do think you could just use the triptik clean to get you there. Glad people are liking the carol ann models !

I think Alan (the make of those amps) states that the clean channel isn't different from the triptiks, and that the gain channel is the same except for a 2nd volume for lead boost....so you have all the channels already.

They are not the same circuit and feel and sound very different.
Apart from the circuit differences, gain stage differences, The Tucana 3 uses KT88s driven from a 12AT7 PI and the Triptik uses EL34s driven from a 12AX7 PI.
The Tuc 3 has 3 channels, but channels B and C are identical tonally so no need to model both OD channels.

Last edited:
Andre.....have you played the real clean channel ?
I suspect your statement was referring to an emulation, not the physical amp.
It's very confusing for me because people state opinions about things with my name on and I don't know if they are referring to the real amp or not.....<<scratching head>>>
I cant get used to that, it drives me loopy...lol....

Last edited:
Mr. Alan I did not intend to offend you since I admire your work and respect you very much. Yes, I am reffering to the Axe Fx 2 model which I still believe it is close to the physical amp. I probably am a bad tweaker or the Clean channel doesnt deliever the tone I am chasing. Anyways it is my favorite model in the axe and when I have the time ($$$) I will totally buy it

Andre , I worded my post badly and reworded it. It wasn't a criticism to you, I just get confused as I'm so used to answering questions on the actual amps....I was more referring to the irony of the confusion.
The thing is the real amp is very simple and the model should be approached the same way.
Only I have access to the vast parameters you guys do on the Axe so I can tune the real amp so it's pretty difficult to get a bad tone. Sometimes I think you can venture far away from the amps core tone with the Axe, which is impossible with the real amp.

Thanks for the kind words and would love to hear you play some clips of the the real thing :)
Your clip of the Triptik actually sold an amp a couple of weeks ago. If ever you want one, contact me directly, I'll hook you up as a thank you. Good clips are good clips !!

I'm so glad Cliff included the Tucana 3 on the AXE, this amp(Real amp) has become my favorite amp, just the right amount of thickness, and all 3 channels are great!

I own the Tucana 3 and I can speak to THAT Real Amp(channel) being very impressive.
Well then - proudly update your banner down there and shout out your Tucana!! <-- (Envy)..... (Wait, not so much, just got FW15 with the Tucana Model - I'm heading into studio now to fire it up)

~~~ Does anyone have a suggestion on IR for the Tucana?? I have the FAS Universal Noise, TAF Legands UR Packs as well as Mad Oak and Ownhammer pre-UR paks

I have a confession to make...

I...

I... put a boost in front of the Tucana 3... and I liked it...

Am I a bad person?

Ha! Have you seen that patch I posted? Scene 8 layers two drive blocks on top of each other in front of it. Whatever floats yer boat baby...

Back
Top Bottom