tube rectifier emulation

rabies

I loved using the tube rectifier with the Mesa Road King I had. Does the Axe FX II XL have any presets with the Mesa Rectifier using the rectifier tube emulation????

Turn up Sag in the power amp section. That's the biggest difference with a tube rectifier. The voltages sag more when the amp is pushed hard. You also often end up with slightly different voltages depending on which rectifier tube is used. This can affect the amps bias some as well, especially on fixed bias amps like Boogies. Diode rectifiers keep the voltages more consistent so the amp sounds more tight and punchy, especially in the low end.

so the assumption is that diode is default for recto presets.

can i run the axe into the pa system at the studio? or must you use monitors or power amp with cabinet?

also can i clone a preset and then modify it? i.e. Mesa Recto - diode clone to and modify as Mesa recto - recto tube? how many presets can the unit (II XL) store?

Rabies:

Yes you can plug into a PA system. Axe II gives XLR and 1/4 unbalanced line level outputs so you can feed PAs, mixers, power amps, guitar amps, reel to reel tape machines, ADAT machines, etc...
Yes you can clone presets, just save the preset you want to copy to a new location. The original will still be there.
The XL has 512 preset locations (Banks A, B, C, and D). Mark II has 384 preset locations (Banks A, B, and C). There are 384 factory presets, so the last 128 (Bank D) on the XL are empty from the factory. You can over write any of the locations with user presets.
You can see a list of available amp models in the users manual or on the wiki page. I'm not sure about a list of the factory presets. Probably on the wiki too.

Back
Top Bottom