Tube amp no cab + frfr/FOH

Kelleys Heroes

Experienced
Looking to create a preset similar to what is listed in the manual on page 26, except I will be using a Fender Twin for my onstage sound (output 1) along with direct to FOH. Seems like I would need to decide whether to use the amp sim on the Twin, in which case this configuration would work- though not recommended from what I gather. If I decided to take out the amp sim out, the only solution I can find, other than disabling them globally, is to place all the effects before the amp, and place OUT2 there, rather then before CAB. Am I missing a different method?

Not a long-term solution! Just a few more gigs before I can stop carting my 77 lb. amp!

Looking to create a preset similar to what is listed in the manual on page 26, except I will be using a Fender Twin for my onstage sound (output 1) along with direct to FOH. Seems like I would need to decide whether to use the amp sim on the Twin, in which case this configuration would work- though not recommended from what I gather. If I decided to take out the amp sim out, the only solution I can find, other than disabling them globally, is to place all the effects before the amp, and place OUT2 there, rather then before CAB. Am I missing a different method?

Not a long-term solution! Just a few more gigs before I can stop carting my 77 lb. amp!

If don’t have an FX loop you’ll need to put all your effects before the amp (“FX processor only, pre” on page 29 of the manual).

If you have an FX loop you can use the 4 cable method on page 27.

A lot of people are very happy using pedals into the front of a clean fender, and cliff has just updated a lot of the drive pedals, so it’s pretty likely you can get a sound you like using either method

I guess to better phrase my question: Can I run "FX processor only, pre", and also run a path with amp/cab mods to the FOH?
You can run the output of the last effect block before the amp to output1 block. That would go to the input of your real amp. You can also take the same output of your last effects block and send it to the amp and cab block. The output of the cab will go to the output2 block which will go to FOH. I think this answers your question.

You can run the output of the last effect block before the amp to output1 block. That would go to the input of your real amp. You can also take the same output of your last effects block and send it to the amp and cab block. The output of the cab will go to the output2 block which will go to FOH. I think this answers your question.

Thanks!

Would this work? If so it will solve the issue of having to put the delay in front of the amp. I could not figure out how to have both paths share the same reverb block- though I read something about creating a Global block.
Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 2.48.56 PM.png

Thanks!

Would this work? If so it will solve the issue of having to put the delay in front of the amp. I could not figure out how to have both paths share the same reverb block- though I read something about creating a Global block.
View attachment 53456
You could use a global block to configure the type of reverb and its settings, but you will still need to instance 2 reverb blocks (1 for each path). It is likely you would probably need a different reverb for each path.

Back
Top Bottom