Tube Age dial

This is an awesome idea, isn't it?

• Total voters

prometh

Power User
If we could dial in the sound produced by the last few seconds of a tube's life, that'd be great.

Adjusting to tube death would be cool too 'cuz it'd just buzz out and stuff.

But overall, adjusting the tube's age would change the tone.

I voted "Uh-huh" because I'm not confused. I don't know if I actually think there should be a parameter for tube age, though, mostly because I don't know how hard it would be. If it's not too hard, yeah, it might be a cool effect.

Well, yeah, there are more important things to be done, but this should still be considered at some point cuz it'd kick major anus.

Plus, tube purists will always throw things at the Axe-Fx... less things for them to throw, the more battles won :twisted:

mark_melling said:
:lol:

If there was an award for the most original wishes..you have my vote!! :D

LOL you got my vote too! :D

I think this is a GREAT suggestion! I know the best tube sound actually DOES come just before the tube blows up....you get an extra warm, seductive sound....and you feel like some bacon and eggs and hash browns are sizzling somewhere in your amp.....and then in a few minutes it's all gone! :(
I've actually kinda purposely pushed one of my classic tube amps with an attenuator to get that sound, even tho I know I'll have to change the tubes after :oops:

Smilzo said:
Try lowering presence and high. Same league. :mrgreen:

Not the same sound, though.

Would need to add a drive after the amp, and maybe a tremolo. And even then, it wouldn't sound the same.

yea, it's def not the same sound.....you just get a kind of warm sizzle that you WISH your amp had all the time, and then it blows up as you're finally in sonic nirvana LOL I know the sound all too well unfortunately! :'(

You've peaked my interest... One suggestion though... Make it gangsta and call it Tube Deaf! And make sure the dial has a "chrome rim" on it...

Now that the Axe-Fx II exists, I would think that this feature is possible. Bump!

You have both "triode' and 'pentode' 'hardness' settings which in essence are the tube 'controls' if you will that sort of do what you are getting at here. Firmware 3 will set you free. :D

Back
Top Bottom