TS into Matrix

Beyond

Just got in my new to me matrix gt1000 and setting up the rack. I am going to go out 1 direct to FOH and out 2 fx loop to matrix and real 4x12 cab. The fx loop out is only TS and the matrix input is Balanced. Can I go into the amp with only the TS cable or will it buzz..my cab is at the jam hall so can't try until weekend.

Just got in my new to me matrix gt1000 and setting up the rack. I am going to go out 1 direct to FOH and out 2 fx loop to matrix and real 4x12 cab. The fx loop out is only TS and the matrix input is Balanced. Can I go into the amp with only the TS cable or will it buzz..my cab is at the jam hall so can't try until weekend.
Are you sure it's balanced. I use 2 1/4" TS "guitar" cables (George Ls) from my Axe Fx to my GT800FX...

it won't buzz. using TS cables doesn't immediately cause buzz. it's only if there is interference nearby or crossing the cable. longer lengths of cable let noise in easier, somewhere around 18 feet+.

Ok...i went back down and double checked..lol. it does show TS for the 1/4" just downloaded the manual and it says for runs under 12" TS should be fine if longer use xlr. I assumed the 1/4" was trs to match the balanced...but guess matrix is giving guitar guys a good useable option. That's great for once!

XLR inputs on the Matrix are balanced. 1/4" inputs are not. Don't forget you can use Humbuster cables from the Axe II's 1/4" outputs for noise cancellation as well.

Perfect, a 6" jumper it is then! Thanks for the help guys.
The ever shrinking rack from old analog 14 slot to 8 slot thanks to FAS

it says for runs under 12" TS should be fine if longer use xlr.
in my experience, 1/4" cable runs are fine under 18 feet. i'm not sure why they're saying 12 inches. i doubt there is something special about the connection on those specific amps. oh well.

Thanks Chris...just hard to wrap my thick skull around a trs cable into an unbalanced Jack.
Well I'll see this weekend. But like you said I should be fine with just a TS to TS .
Thanks again!

in my experience, 1/4" cable runs are fine under 18 feet. i'm not sure why they're saying 12 inches. i doubt there is something special about the connection on those specific amps. oh well.

Technically a (approx) 12" TS to TS cable will provide the same level of RF/EMI shielding as an XLR cable. Not to say longer cable runs won't wok but that's the standpoint we went from. I've been lucky with cable runs and been able to use longer cables but I know everyone isn't as fortunate to live in a fairly RF/EMI interference free zone. In the rack you'd be looking at a fairly short cable anyway. As said though a pseudo balanced cable (TRS to TS) will do if using longer runs in high interference areas.

Back
Top Bottom