trying to update to 7.2 from 5.3 crashes MacBook 10.12.6

maxolla

Inspired
Finally found the time to start using MFC-Edit. I went to load it and the update won’t install. It goes like this. open MFC-Edit
hit yes when prompted to update
It gets to the end of the download and asks for my admin password.
I provide it and hit enter.
MFC-Edit crashes
I reopen and do it all over again.

Anyone else having this issue? Is there a work around?

• Move MFC-Edit 5.3 to your Trash folder
  • Navigate to Home/MFC-101 folder using Finder
  • Double-click on the mfc-edit-mac.zip file
  • Double-click on the mfc-edit.dmg file that is extracted from the zip file
  • Follow normal installation instructions

• Move MFC-Edit 5.3 to your Trash folder
  • Navigate to Home/MFC-101 folder using Finder
  • Double-click on the mfc-edit-mac.zip file
  • Double-click on the mfc-edit.dmg file that is extracted from the zip file
  • Follow normal installation instructions
Thanks,
I got the update to 7.2 to install. I’m specifically trying to get my MFC to dump to the MFC-Edit program. I’m getting an error message every time I try and initiate the dump. Invalid Sys Ex message.

I’ve verified that the MFC is powered by the power adapter
The in and out are all hooked up to the usb port on my MacBook
Can you think of anything else that stands in my way?

Thanks,
Max

Yep. Let me guess, you're using the Axe-Fx as the USB/MIDI interface. Unless you have the time to invest in getting the Axe-Fx set correctly as the USB/MIDI interface I'd recommend that you purchase a Roland UM-One USB/MIDI interface. It just works. WIth the Axe-Fx as the USB/MIDI interface you have to spend a little more time getting it all set correctly. It'll take a little more trial and error. Some tips to help: Follow the instructions exactly that you can see by selecting "Axe-Fx aws USB/MIDI Interface" off the MFC-Edit Help menu. Also, be sure to click on the "Trouble" button on the MFC-Edit SysEx Receiver window and "Get Help Connecting Your MFC-101 To Your Computer" button, also on the MFC-Edit SysEx Receiver window. Pay attention to the details. Also, have only one MIDI cable connected to your MFC-101 while performing transfers.

have only one MIDI cable connected to your MFC-101 while performing transfers. Are you saying the out MIDI of my USB should be the only cable plugged into the MFC? Currently I have both the IN and the Out connected to my USB port on my Mac Via a USB Midi Cable.

I am not using my Axe FX as a midi through.

Yes, that's correct. Only one MIDI cable and the power transformer should be plugged into your MFC-101 during dump/load. No other cables should be connected.

Yes, that's correct. Only one MIDI cable and the power transformer should be plugged into your MFC-101 during dump/load. No other cables should be connected.
Gary... I plug in both the midi IN and OUT cables from my MidiSport UNO adapter whenever I use it with MFC-EDIT and have never experienced issues.

I would assume a dump uses the OUT and a load uses the IN. Is that wrong?

Gary... I plug in both the midi IN and OUT cables from my MidiSport UNO adapter whenever I use it with MFC-EDIT and have never experienced issues.

I would assume a dump uses the OUT and a load uses the IN. Is that wrong?
There is more than one way to make the connection actually, but for someone who hasn't done it before the method I suggest is the fastest route to success :). You don't even want to know how I actually connect my own rig :)

There is more than one way to make the connection actually, but for someone who hasn't done it before the method I suggest is the fastest route to success :). You don't even want to know how I actually connect my own rig :)
Ok... I'll take your word for it :)

Back
Top Bottom