trying to update firmware

BLW4103

Hello, Brian here again. I posted here in Jan in ref to Windows 10 problems. No responses. I now have windows 7. Ive read as any threads as I could to resolve "not connected problem" with Ax Edit. My Ultra has 7.04 firmware. Ive tried the Uno. I now have the Roland UM-one and still no connection to Ax Edit. I have sysex id at 00 00 7d with decimal at 125. Poll parameter shows sync options as "sync tempo pulse to ax fx 2". Gives me no option for ultra. Do I have wrong ax edit? I'm just so burnt out trying to get this to connect. Any body have suggestions? What am I doing incorrectly?

You cannot use the most recent Axe-Edit, you have to use the previous version which was made for the Ultra and Standard, which can be found here.

But Axe-Edit isn't made for firmware updates! For a firmware update you basically just need a program that can send syx files. There are many out there. On Windows people mostly use(d) MidiOX.

For the correct procedure to update the firmware, there's a very detailed description included in the firmware zip file. Read the file "Firmware.txt" and follow the instructions.

If you don't have the manual for the Ultra/Standard, go get it here

I know this is an old thread, but I was able to update my Ultra through AXE edit. It was the one in the legacy section of the fractal website. However I was unable to "use" axe edit to edit my patches, yet it was able to update.... odd.

Was the old Axe-Edit able to do firmware updates?!! I really don't think so, but on the other hand it's been YEARS since I last used it, so who knows :p

I have tried using the latest "legacy" version of axe edit with my ultra on windows 8, 10 and XP, no luck with anything. Wont even connect to the edit and axe. Note: I am using a roland um one mk2.... I tried an old version of edit v1.0.188 with my Linux mint machine and viola!!!! All good. Not a problem at all. Now I can use axe edit and update firmware with AXE EDIT..... Just to clarify, you are able to update with axe edit. If you need more assistance let me know and I can help.

Back
Top Bottom