Trying to set up Wah with single block. Channel A is Wah. Channel B is Mutron.

Hi All. Based on my experiments and reading, I don't think I can change modifier source when switching Channels. So, is there a way that I can set up a traditional Wah with an external controller on Channel A and another type of wah (auto-wah) using an envelope-based internal controller on Channel B? Or do I need to use two separate blocks for this? Thanks for your ideas.

You could choose both sources (additive) and use Controller block channels to make the envelope controller stay at 0 (threshold at maximum) while on wah channel A. This assumes you're able to park the pedal heel-down and don't need it for anything else when the envelope wah is active.

Another option: Choose a scene controller as wah control source, then use FracPad to assign modifiers for individual scene controller values.

You could choose both sources (additive) and use Controller block channels to make the envelope controller stay at 0 (threshold at maximum) while on wah channel A. This assumes you're able to park the pedal heel-down and don't need it for anything else when the envelope wah is active.

Another option: Choose a scene controller as wah control source, then use FracPad to assign modifiers for individual scene controller values.
Thanks! I will explore these options this afternoon. Really appreciate it. Just got my Axe III last week and loving it! It’s changing my world.

You may find it simplest to just put 2 Wah blocks in parallel followed by a Multiplexer.

Use scenes or a channel toggle on the Multiplexer to pick which input to use.

In my kitchen sink presets I have 2 Wahs and a Filter in parallel for different flavors: autoengaged "normal" wah, envelope controlled wah, envelope controlled filter.

I can cycle between them with a channel selection. Works great.

Back
Top Bottom