Trying to profit from tragedy.....

deakle

Experienced
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the ridiculous prices some are trying to get for used Peavey and EVH Wolfgangs on the used market now? I'm seeing a better than 50% jump in the prices with some of the prices in a truly ridiculous range (like asking more than brand new pricing for a used item). I hate the way some try to profit from a tragedy.

Happens all the time. Only the really valuable stuff will actually sell at inflated prices. Pretty sure its only the personal used market that saw the inflation.

What also worries me is what will happen with EVH the company? Hopefully Wolfgang takes over, my 5150iii is the only amp I kept after getting the Axe Fx 3, I just couldn’t part with it.

What also worries me is what will happen with EVH the company? Hopefully Wolfgang takes over, my 5150iii is the only amp I kept after getting the Axe Fx 3, I just couldn’t part with it.

Wolfie and Matt Bruck are going to be running it. Matt Bruck has been there from the beginning, so I would expect it be will ran as Eddie wished. Seems they have spent the last couple of years getting nearly all of the iconic guitars out, short of the Rasta, or maybe I missed that one. It will be interesting to see how the amp side progresses, as the chief tone chaser has left the building.

On a side note, for those of us still with a heavy heart over Eddies passing, I highly recommend the Craig Gass video of him living with Eddie (via Matt Bruck)... hilarious beyond words, and gives a different perspective of the man.

Wolfie and Matt Bruck are going to be running it. Matt Bruck has been there from the beginning, so I would expect it be will ran as Eddie wished. Seems they have spent the last couple of years getting nearly all of the iconic guitars out, short of the Rasta, or maybe I missed that one. It will be interesting to see how the amp side progresses, as the chief tone chaser has left the building.

On a side note, for those of us still with a heavy heart over Eddies passing, I highly recommend the Craig Gass video of him living with Eddie (via Matt Bruck)... hilarious beyond words, and gives a different perspective of the man.

“Hey man, I heard all you wanted was an illegal cable box..........guess what? I got an illegal cable box. I’m fuckin’ rich, don’t wanna pay for cable.” :tearsofjoy:

More people want these guitars and amps now, so prices will go up. That's just the way the free market works. The laws of supply and demand care nothing about our feelings. Which is for the best in the long run I think.

As for Wolfgang taking over, that's no guarantee for success though. Just sharing the family name is no guarantee that business success and talent get passed on. If anything it seems to skip generations. This is how royal dynasties inevitably come to an end.

That's because "TALENT" is BS the real word should be dedication or even obsession. The whole concept is an insult to great people in all walks of life.

Yes I have noticed and really pisses me off , someone on reverb was selling a Evh special for 4000.00 ,dumb fuck. Yea ask me how I really feel 🤬.

“Hey man, I heard all you wanted was an illegal cable box..........guess what? I got an illegal cable box. I’m fuckin’ rich, don’t wanna pay for cable.” :tearsofjoy:

Exactly this!!!

My drummer has been dropping the “ I don’t want to pay for cable“ for years now...its Become a standard answer whenever discussing new gear purchases. Never gets old.

That's because "TALENT" is BS the real word should be dedication or even obsession. The whole concept is an insult to great people in all walks of life.

Wolfie actually brought this up on Twitter when he was asked about being a natural talent due to being Ed’s kid. Said it minimizes the years of work and practice he’s put into being a musician. I can totally agree and relate to that. We were all terrible when we picked up an instrument, while some of us learned faster than others, we all had to practice and put the time in.

With me and singing, I was fucking HORRID for at least a decade before I did anything remotely acceptable and even now, I’m working on a chorus to a song, have probably done 100 different versions of it and I still hate it. When it’s done and people hear it, they’ll have no clue that I spent weeks getting it just right and the assumption will be that I just banged it all out in a couple sessions. Fuck, I wish that were the case.

Wolfie actually brought this up on Twitter when he was asked about being a natural talent due to being Ed’s kid. Said it minimizes the years of work and practice he’s put into being a musician. I can totally agree and relate to that. We were all terrible when we picked up an instrument, while some of us learned faster than others, we all had to practice and put the time in.

With me and singing, I was fucking HORRID for at least a decade before I did anything remotely acceptable and even now, I’m working on a chorus to a song, have probably done 100 different versions of it and I still hate it. When it’s done and people hear it, they’ll have no clue that I spent weeks getting it just right and the assumption will be that I just banged it all out in a couple sessions. Fuck, I wish that were the case.
It takes years of hard work to become an 'overnight success'.

I assume 'talent' works the same way....

It takes years of hard work to become an 'overnight success'.

I assume 'talent' works the same way....

Some people have a good aptitude for certain things. Those things come easier to them then to people do not have this aptitude. That does not mean they come out of the womb playing Eruption though. It's just that you may find that you can do certain things easier then others. That is talent. That still doesn't mean you have to work hard on it, or that you cannot become good if it doesn't come easy to you. That is discipline. When you have talent but no discipline you tend to coast by on what talent you have, but it will never amount to much. And maybe that is just what that person wants out of life. Do something that is fun to them. And hard work just ain't fun to them. But when you have talent and discipline, technically you can go far. That still doesn't mean you become successful. That requires a different skill set and discipline altogether. In which case the hard work to become an 'overnight success' revolves a lot about networking, grinding away doing things for other people you don't like that much, getting ripped off, learning to overcome it, learn to play the game to your advantage, learning to make your own luck and recognizing that when that lucky break comes you take it. You'd be amazed by how many people would still willing refuse to take that lucky break once it comes their way. Ritchie Blackmore spend an entire decade almost as a session player, playing for other people before becoming part of Deep Purple. And even then their lucky break only came with their 5th album. That's a lot of time and hard work to become an 'overnight success'.

Back
Top Bottom