Trying to cheat to get this sound

rodiond

I am trying to replicate nice background tremolo from the following track:

However I can't play it well at this speed so I wanted to cheat by playing it 2x slower and having Axe-fx insert extra notes in between. Does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
You can try a dotted 8th note style delay. But it’s tricky as that’s a triplet/sextuplet rhythm feel against the 4 feel.

That’s not too fast, objectively speaking. We all have our limits, but just some perspective.

Just a note that the Tone Match section of the forum is relative to the Tone Match function of the Axe Fx... And that isn't really about effects.

That's an interesting idea. It would probably sound different than doing it all naturally. I just think it would be a lot easier just to play it. If your fingers run out of steam before you get to the end then just practice it for s couple of hours. You be amazed how quickly it becomes easier with a little practice. The legato isn't all that fast but the part is a bit long. Interested in how it sounds if you manage to do it with the delay.

Paul

That's an interesting idea. It would probably sound different than doing it all naturally. I just think it would be a lot easier just to play it. If your fingers run out of steam before you get to the end then just practice it for s couple of hours. You be amazed how quickly it becomes easier with a little practice. The legato isn't all that fast but the part is a bit long. Interested in how it sounds if you manage to do it with the delay.

Paul
not legato, it's just 16th note picking.

Back
Top Bottom