Trying summarize the main footswith strategies

Okay.....and the AX8 has (2) scene controllers.....so ...again, trying to understand this correctly.....I can select only (2) parameters to adjust from Scene-to-Scene, and those (2) parameters need to be the same across all (8) Scenes....is that correct?

No. You can decide which parameter to adjust. You can adjust them all at the same time if needed. It's a bit complicated to explain without the AX8 in front of you. But you can tell every parameter how to react on a value given by a scene controller. E.g. you let the scene controller set values between 0 and 100%. In the modifier menue of the parameter you can then decide what 0% and 100% mean. E.g. let it change the volume level between -20db and -10db. You can even turn it around and define 0% means 0db output level and 100% means -80db output level. And that just scratches the surface of what's possible. It's correct that a scene controller will be active in all scenes and you cannot change the controller assignment between scenes but only between presets.

No. You can decide which parameter to adjust. You can adjust them all at the same time if needed. It's a bit complicated to explain without the AX8 in front of you. But you can tell every parameter how to react on a value given by a scene controller......
Please know that I very much appreciate this dialog and assistance from yourself as well as everyone else. I am sorry if I seem a little bit dense.....I am an “old-school” tube-amp guy, and the transition to the AX8 has been challenging to me.

Regarding your information above, are you saying that I can adjust multiple amp parameters within a single Scene Controller? It is primarily the amp settings I am concerned about adjusting between Scenes....?

Regarding your information above, are you saying that I can adjust multiple amp parameters within a single Scene Controller? It is primarily the amp settings I am concerned about adjusting between Scenes....?

Yes, you can. To be precise : you can attach a scene controller to the input trim, input drive, master volume, master volume trim, balance, boost switch, bright switch, saturation switch, and bypass mode switch. You cannot influence the tone controls, EQ settings or any of the advanced amp block settings using controllers (at least not in AX8-Edit). If you need to change any of those settings then you have to resort to the amp blocks X/Y switching capabilities which would allow you two use two amp setups withing the same preset or use different presets.

Thank you. That information is very encouraging. The amp parameters you listed are pretty much the ones I need to adjust — from Scene to Scene — in order to make a given amp model go from clean to rhythm to dirty to lead. There may be hope for me yet.

I think it is time for me to take a deeper dive into the Scene Controllers and try to gain some competence.

Thank you again.

I have four presets on 1-4.
5 is for the single scene that activates the boost, delay, EQ and volume change for leads.
6-8 are pedal mode (drv, wah, cho, rev, depending on preset).

Back
Top Bottom