Trying out a bit of rock with ML Cab Pack 20 + Brit Pre

Sounds just like Marsh...mallow Hot Chocolate!! So authentic, punchy and energetic! Perfection dude!

Nirvana? Green Day? GNR? Paramore? Muse? So many vibes in that tone!

So it's confirmed, I'll use the PR75 for my main Brit sounds from now on. ;)

Thanks guys.
Loving this cab a lot at the moment.
I think I've found a decent balance in the eq settings as well as gain.

This is the updated preset we talked about Tony, except for this song I dropped the gain to 5, it's usually at 7.

I'll have to try a heavier song with this setup.

Thanks guys.
Loving this cab a lot at the moment.
I think I've found a decent balance in the eq settings as well as gain.

This is the updated preset we talked about Tony, except for this song I dropped the gain to 5, it's usually at 7.

I'll have to try a heavier song with this setup.
Yeah it's crazy how little gain you need at times. That sounds so juicy I would've guessed that you had your gain a lot higher.

Sounds just like Marsh...mallow Hot Chocolate!! So authentic, punchy and energetic! Perfection dude!

Nirvana? Green Day? GNR? Paramore? Muse? So many vibes in that tone!

So it's confirmed, I'll use the PR75 for my main Brit sounds from now on. ;)

It's my favourite cab for sure at the moment. I want to go back and re-track some other songs with it to see how they sound.

Yeah it's crazy how little gain you need at times. That sounds so juicy I would've guessed that you had your gain a lot higher.
Yeah, it's lower than I would normally go gain wise but still sounds powerful enough while being really versatile and responsive to how you play.

No drive block either, just amp and cab with a noise gate in front.

Brit Rawk!!

whaooo Excellent
can you share the preset ??
thank you :)
Thanks for checking it out.
Here you go, the gain is at 7 on this preset which is where I usually have my gain for more aggressive rock and heavies.
For this song I dropped the gain to 5.
Have fun with it.
Let me know if you post a recording with the preset, I'd be really interested to hear how it sounds for other players.

By the way, I have an XL+, If you don't have an XL/XL+ you can find my settings in the following thread at post #27.
The second preset mapped out in that post is what I used here (once again I dropped the gain to 5 for this mid crunch tone).
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ml-cab-pack-20-pr75-brit-pre.106742/

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Brit Pre CP20 PR75 tweaked.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 18
It's a vivid and lively tone, I also loved background melody it kinda reminded me Green Day ! :)
Thanks Amin.
It's funny, it wasn't until I was mixing that I heard a bit of a Green Day tone/feel going on in one of the riffs.
Totally unintentional but I was pretty happy about it. Used to like them but never a full on fan, although I've always thought Billie-Jo's tone was pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom