Truss nut replacing - just turn counter clockwise until it pops out?

maxdown

Fractal Fanatic
I'm doing a bit of customising to a Jackson Adrian Smith SDX for fun .... pickups change, adding a mid boost/cut pot and circuit. push pull coil split blah blah .....

It has an older strat style truss rod adjuster located in the butt end of the neck which means you got to loosen off the neck - tilt it up - adjust the truss rod - bolt the neck down again - re-tune - test ..... and repeat if necessary.

I got a wheel style truss nut from Stewmac and with the help of a Dremmel and bandaids plan to make truss rod adjusting simpler by having the wheel permanently available behind the fingerboard and in front of the neck pickup.

When replacing a truss rod nut do you just keep turning it counter clockwise until it unscrews itself from the threaded end of the rod?

I started to do it but it got very stiff and I don't want to strip threads ....

It's got straight access to the nut - no walnut plug or anything like a headstock one might have.

Cheers for any advice.

Just discovered it's a dual action truss rod ..... so the nut is likely welded on ..... so that particular truss rod nut replacement mod can't be done.

Back
Top Bottom